• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bristow Sutor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristow Sutor

Hi I have received a letter from Bristol Sutor chasing council tax for my local council. Where do I stand on this please? Can I arrange to pay my council? I don't really want any dealings with Bristol Sutor at all. I have two outstanding amounts which they have addd £75 to each one do that's £150 in extra fees. Thanks for any advice.

Also I'm a vulnerable person so where would I stand?
    Tags: None

Re: Bristow Sutor

How & why do you consider yourself vulnerable?

On the face of it B&S appear to have done no wrong. If you have not paid your CT then it is the Councils right to have it enforced. The fees appear to be correct.

Comment

Not saying B&S have done me any wrong. Just asking if I could pay council rather than having to deal with them if they don't agree to a suitable payment plan all. I am vulnerable due to disability and mental health problems so can do without any hassle. Enforcement agents can be a bit full on sometimes

Comment

At this stage the chances are that if you pay the Council direct then they may forward the monies to B&S and they in turn are allowed to deduct their fees first meaning you would still owe £150 (2 x £75 Compliance Fees). The letters you have from them should give you a date by which you should contact them otherwise you may be subject to a visit at an added cost of £235.

If you are unsure of what to do and given your possible vulnerability then if you have a caseworker or similar ask them to speak on your behalf. Otherwise contact your local Councillor for additional help. Please note you will probably be required to produce proof of your vulnerability.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X