• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NIP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIP

My employer recived a NIP from the go safe camera unit for a alleged road traffic violation of driver not wearing a seat belt on 24/1/17, they have given my name as the driver and now I have recived a NIP from them. I requested photo evidence from them and have now recived them through email, however the quality of the photos are not what i expected you can not see clearly if I have or have not got a seatbelt on. I am very dissapointed with this as I stated to my employer that I would not ever drive on any road without my seatbelt on let alone this particular road A470 Cardiff to Merthyr as it is a accident hot spot. I am unsure how to proceed now, can I request any further evidence such as video of this. I would be gratful of any advice that can be given. Have attached the document with photos that were sent to me.

Thanks
    Gadgetman.
    Tags: None

Re: NIP

Hi and welcome
    Suggest you make a phone call and make an appointment to view the original video.
    Unlikely they will send a copy of it to you.

Comment

Thank you for the response yesterday took your advice and rang the go safe unit to ask if it was possible to see the video evidence as I was not happy with the quality of the photos but was informed that they don't have the facility to allow me to view the video and that the quality of the photo's were good enough. I noticed that the attachment is tried to upload with my thread yesterday seems not to have worked. Any further advice would be appreciated on how best to proceed.
      Thanks.

Comment

That is an amazing response in view of the fact that if you plead not guilty they have to make the evidence available to you (Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996.) And I think it is at least 7 days before the trial!
        You could email back to them (at a senior level) asking how, in view of their response to your telephone enquiry, they allow those pleading not guilty to view the evidence if they don't have the facilities.

You are going to have to decide if it is worth pleading not guilty, going to court and risk losing and getting a higher penalty than by pleading guilty.

If you want you could upload the photos here to get other opinions on their clarity

Comment

Hi des8 thank you for the reply i was a bit taken aback by the response of the operative i spoke to myself, tried to upload word doc they sent me with pictures in it as a attachment in it but doesn`t seem to be showing up with thread reply not sure what I am doing wrong any help would appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Does this photo show you without a seat belt they say it does so the choice is got to court maybe lose and get bigger fine and costs or pay up if they can see no seat belt the magistrate may see the same or not. your decision

Comment

Originally posted by Gadgetman View Post
              Hi des8 thank you for the reply i was a bit taken aback by the response of the operative i spoke to myself, tried to upload word doc they sent me with pictures in it as a attachment in it but doesn`t seem to be showing up with thread reply not sure what I am doing wrong any help would appreciated. Thanks
              Try emailing them to kati@legalbeagles.info
              Mention this thread and your user name, and I'm sure she'll help you.

If you want to tr again yourself click on the "go advanced" button at bottom of reply panel.
              This opens a menu which includes attachments.
              Click on "manage attachments" and take it from there
              I think!!!

Comment

Will see if this works

- - - Updated - - -

Hi des8 changed it pdf file seems to have done the trick see whatyouthink. Thanks for the help.
                Attached Files

Comment

FWIW I think you are wearing a diagonal seat belt.
                  It cuts across your right shoulder over your hi vis jacket in a straight line to your lower left where it merges in with the steering wheel.
                  Across your chest there seems to be a line of slightly lighter grey than your jumper

Whether you can convince a magistrate, who will also listen to the camera operative who will say he saw no seat belt, is another matter entirely.

My OH thinks the pictures are inconclusive either way

Wait for others to comment

Comment

Seems quite a clear diagonal band over your right shoulder in the image on page 3.

Video evidence may well be a lot clearer.

Only you know whether you were wearing a seatbelt or not... if you were fight it, if you weren't hold your hands up. IMO anyway
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks to all for the advice. Just to update you all I emailed the go safe unit to further request a look at the video evidence and have now recived a response from them to say they have looked at the evidence again and no further action will be taken against me and the NIP has now been withdrawn so happy days. I will leave you to draw your on conculsion on the matter but thanks again for the advice.
                      Cheers Gadgetman.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X