• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with N244 set aside form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with N244 set aside form

I've received a CCJ at an address I left last May, the solicitor acting for the claimant is gladstones but I've been unable to find out who the original claimant is. All I know is it related to parking, I've called the CCBC and got a copy of the judgement information which is very limited below, I removed my car reg and the reference numbers

DATE -- DESCRIPTION - AMOUNT - DUE DATE 16/03/16 (registration) £150 16/04/16 TOTAL DUE - £150 AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS THE SUM OF £154.24 FOR PARKING CHARGES AND INDEMNITY COSTS IF APPLICABLE INCLUDING £4.24 INTEREST PURSUANT TO S.69 OF THE COUNTY COURTS ACT 1984 RATE 8.00% PA FROM DATES ABOVE TO 23/08/16 SAME RATE TO JUDGMENT OR (SOONER) PAYMENT DAILY RATE TO JUDGMENT £0.03 TOTAL DEBT AND INTEREST £154.24

I've never received anything about this till it appeared on my credit report, I called Gladstones and they said I had to call another company DCBL who are baillifs so clearly they passed on the debt already. I am the driver/keeper, I live in Manchester which I know from a previous phone conversation with Gladstones is where the ticket was issued, I sent them an email a few days ago to ask if I could do a consent to set aside but called back when heard nothing, now they wont speak to me and have passed on the debt.

Is this enough information to do a N244 with? I want to get this sorted out as soon as possible as it seems to be escalating quickly and no doubt the next company along adds more costs.
    Last edited by Liam2345; 7th February 2017, 13:37:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Help with N244 set aside form

Standard Gladstones muck.

Ask the court who the claimant was or for a copy of the claim form. (phone back if muppet one says no).

I'm not sure you could set aside without knowing who the claimant is.

Also you could try https://www.trustonline.org.uk/ to see who it is.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X