• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Responsibility of solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Responsibility of solicitors

I claimed €500 for flight delay compensation using the services of a Brighton based company called EUDelay. After a small claim in an Irish court the claim was paid from the airline (Air Arran / Stobart Air) in August 2015 to an Irish law firm, Gibson & Associates Solicitors. EUDelay have not responding to any correspondence or phone calls from me since June 2015. Many other clients have had the same issue with EUDelay and this was common knowledge in the national press in October 2015. Despite presumably knowing that EUDelay were in trouble, Gibson & Associates Solicitors paid my money to EUDelay in March 2016.

I think I have little chance of extracting the money from EUDelay. I'm in a long line. Do I have any claim against Gibson & Associates Solicitors in the Republic of Ireland?
    Tags: None

Re: Responsibility of solicitors

Hi samwardill

I'll give [MENTION=332]EXC[/MENTION] a nudge as it's a CMC.
    Current T&Cs - http://eudelay.co.uk/terms
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hiya

Originally posted by samwardill View Post
      I think I have little chance of extracting the money from EUDelay. I'm in a long line. Do I have any claim against Gibson & Associates Solicitors in the Republic of Ireland?
      It would be quite complicated to claim against an entity in the Republic of Ireland and in any event I think that EUDelay might be principally liable.

Although flight delay claims management companies don't fall within the jurisdiction of the Claims Management Regulator (like PPI CMCs), the Legal Ombudsman does accept complaints about them. I suggest you give them a call or e-mail them, they're apparently quite helpful - http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/con...managementteam

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        Although flight delay claims management companies don't fall within the jurisdiction of the Claims Management Regulator (like PPI CMCs), the Legal Ombudsman does accept complaints about them. I suggest you give them a call or e-mail them, they're apparently quite helpful - http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/con...managementteam
        Thanks for the help. I wasn't aware that LOS would help. You might think that the CMR would tell you this when you contacted them (they didn't)!!!

I've initiated a complaint with the LOS.

Comment

LOS just replied. Apparently EUDelay "do not fall under our powers so we are unable to investigate a complaint about them. They appear to be an 'unregulated' claims company."

They suggest contacting CAB but I did that already. Any other ideas?

Comment

I would consider a letter before action against eudelay and take it to small claims court. Do you have copies of the judgment and award for your case? Also do you have anything from the solicitors firm confirming the payment was sent to Wikipedia delay? Plus you'll need your terms and conditions and agreement with eudelay.

Registered office address
            29 Stepney Court 12 Fleet Street, Brighton, East Sussex, England, BN1 4GS
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Just reading this in their terms ....presumably this has been done

Payment
              EUDELAY shall inform the Client about any Compensation received in a statement emailed to the Client without delay.
              The Client shall reclaim the Compensation collected by EUDELAY in one the following ways:
              By entering credit or debit card details in the Website or;
              By emailing his/her bank account details or;
              By requesting the financial Compensation in a postal cheque. £10 charge (including VAT) will be applied.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Just reading this in their terms ....presumably this has been done

Payment
                EUDELAY shall inform the Client about any Compensation received in a statement emailed to the Client without delay.
                The Client shall reclaim the Compensation collected by EUDELAY in one the following ways:
                By entering credit or debit card details in the Website or;
                By emailing his/her bank account details or;
                By requesting the financial Compensation in a postal cheque. £10 charge (including VAT) will be applied.
                They didn't keep their side of the bargain. They have not responded to any communication for a long time. It was the airline (and solicitor in ROI) who told me what had happened.

I will try a letter before action but I am a bit reluctant to start small claims court proceedings as it feels like throwing good money after bad. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by samwardill View Post
                  They didn't keep their side of the bargain. They have not responded to any communication for a long time. It was the airline (and solicitor in ROI) who told me what had happened.

I will try a letter before action but I am a bit reluctant to start small claims court proceedings as it feels like throwing good money after bad. What do you think?
                  [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] I sent a letter before action. It was signed for by someone whose printed name was Kotan (Jakub Kotan is MD of EUDelay) on 13th March.

From the company's accounts, filed 28th Feb 17, EUDelay have net liabilities of £30,193. Is it worth me launching a small claim for my £303.69 or am I likely to be throwing good money after bad?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X