• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Overdraft default date - fair or not? Statute barred?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overdraft default date - fair or not? Statute barred?

Originally posted by puffinbilly View Post
    So, sorry to pull up such an old post, but I thought it might be nice to follow up after all the advice you gave me in February.

This year, (and for a long time before) I have traded letters and phone calls, and pleased to say I have finally won! They are buying the debt back from Hoist, cancelling the debt, removing the default from my account and both LLoyds and Robinson way are paying me compensation!

A great result, but question now is to try and work out if the compensation they are offering satisfies the amount of hardship and worry I have had to endure fighting this, not least to compensate me for the impact of having a default rating etched on my credit file for so long.

For all those fighting it....make sure you are happy you are in the correct, and then don’t give up! Don’t let them get away with making statements seem like fact. Remember they are biased (as you are) and their job is that get money from you. Your job is to make sure someone impartial resolves it...complain to them, and then complain to the ombudsman. Their complaints team will he forced to answer fairly, their customer services sales people can fob you off.

Excellent, well done!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X