• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye appeal rejected - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye appeal rejected - won

Hi all

a bit of advice if possible please

My partner and I had a baby 4 weeks ago and the hospital in question is run by "parking eye". I purchased a weeks worth of parking as I wasn't sure how long I would need and thought it would be safer.

Anyway to to cut a long story short, my partner ended up having a emergency c-section but was still discharged from hospital the next day so my parking ticket had plenty of life left in it.

On on the day of her discharge I parked in the main car park until she was ready to leave. When we was told by the midwife we could go and she would just go and get the paperwork for us to take home, I went and loaded the car up and moved it to the drop off/pick up area which had a 20 minute rule. I then walked back to the ward (which bearing in mind is the other side of the hospital) to find the midwife got called away so we ended up waiting a extra few minutes. Then coupled with the fact we had to walk back from the other side of the hospital, bearing in mind my partner had a major operation the day before we ended up (according to parking eye) 11 minutes over.

I have appealled stating the above and I sent a copy of the parking ticket yet they have rejected it saying it's not enough evidence.

what other evidence do they want apart from a photo of my partners cut across her tummy? A picture of our baby? Well both of which isn't happening lol.

I know I can further appeal via POPLA but what are my chances?

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Parking eye appeal rejected

Hi, I'm not an expert but have been in similar situation. If you get the ward she was on to contact them or give you a letter saying you were detained because of midwife being called away, I would think that would be enough.

Comment

Complain to PALS at the hospital and get them to order PE to cancel

Comment

Originally posted by Elaineg View Post
        Hi, I'm not an expert but have been in similar situation. If you get the ward she was on to contact them or give you a letter saying you were detained because of midwife being called away, I would think that would be enough.
        Thanks I'll give that a go

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        Complain to PALS at the hospital and get them to order PE to cancel
        I never thought of that, thank you

Comment

If that doesn't work or they are slow getting back to you http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...521#post636521 should be proceeded with as the deadlines will be approaching. Hopefully PALS will work though.

M1

Comment

Would it hurt if i appealed to popla anyway while im waiting to hear back from PALS?

I sent the hospitals PALS service a email yesterday explaining everything so im awaiting their reply. Even if they cant get the fine/charge cancelled im hoping they can back me up with the distance to the ward, that my other half was there and the fact of having to get through the security on the maternity ward.

Another thing i have remembered that i didnt put in the original appeal, is that it was freezing fog so the visibility was the vest. Can i still use that fact in the appeal to popla?

Comment

Well a little update

The PALS service at the hospital understand our situation and have got in touch with the car parking side, passing all information onto them so hopefully this is getting sorted

Comment

Still, make sure they don't let this run passed the deadline.

M1

Comment

No im still going to appeal via popla

Comment

Sorry I thought I had updated this

anyway the hospital PALS service came up trumps and we got a letter from parking eye stating the charge had been cancelled. Then a few days later a letter from POPLA stating the same

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X