• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advantis - Please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantis - Please help

Hi

Hopefully someone can advise me

Last year I cancelled a home insurance policy from Swinton insurance. They told me there was a cancelling fee of £. 49 which I refused to pay. It was an old policy from an old address . SInce December they have been sending me texts asking me to contact them which I ignored. Today I received a call from Adventist informing me I owed swinton £104. I refused to give them my current address and informed them I received no letters to my old address informing me that I owed this dept. There is no record of me living in this address on any of the credit company files as I only rented and never applied for credit.

Should i I pay this money as I am concerned they can take me to court and enforce a ccj.

i would be greatful for any advise

thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Adventist - Please help

They could issue proceedings using your old address and get a default judgment which would appear on your credit file. But if they don't have your current address they couldn't enforce it. Whether they'd go to the trouble for £104 is another matter.

Comment

It will nearly cost them as much to issue proceedings anyway wih no guarantee they will get anything back. I assume you mean Advantis, they are purely debt collectors without any power and they shouldn't be adding anything on to the debt anyway. At this time only Swinton can take any action.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Yes I meant Advantis. They haven't go back to me as yet. Swinton have obviously added the fees. I am nearly certain I don't show up as living in the rented property by any of the credit agencies so if they did issue a ccj against me at this address it would never show up on a credit search I assume. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X