• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay seller will not send item even though paid for

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay seller will not send item even though paid for

Hi

I recently bid on an item on Ebay and after six days was confirmed as the winning bidder, I paid in full within twenty minutes of the auction ending.
    Twenty four hours later the seller contacted me to say he would not be sending the item (ten year old Sat phone which he claimed wasn't tested and didn't know if it worked) due to Data Protection Act regulations. I am conversant with the Act and it has nothing to do with it, you would assume taking the sim card out would be ok if it did.
    He said he would refund me but as yet two days later it still is marked as pending.
    I contacted him again saying that we had a legally binding contract and that as I had paid him in full the ownership of the item transferred to me at that moment, that he should send it.
    I got another response saying it was listed in error and that he has already disposed of it. (He is the manager / owner of the company who actually listed it and let it run a full six day auction)
    I responded to say that I still wanted the contract honoured and that he should recover the item and send it to me.
    His response: its been permanently disposed of.
    All this has gone on during the time he has my money and the item is legally mine.
    I wanted to know if there is a way I can legally get the contract / Auction enforced as I think he still has the item and wants to sell it again later for more.
    Tags: None

Re: Ebay seller will not send item even though paid for

how much was the item

Comment

Re: Ebay seller will not send item even though paid for

The legal position is that you have a binding contract and the seller is in breach.
      In practice your remedy depends on the value of the item.
      If it is readily available at
      a higher price then you are entitled to claim the difference in price from the seller.
      But whether or not it is worth your while to sue is another matter.

Probably best to get your money back, then leave very negative feedback

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X