• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BMI Healthcare chasing for money.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMI Healthcare chasing for money.

Hi Everyone,

About 7 years ago my wife had a gastric band fitted and subsequently had 'topups' She went for a topup about a year ago and when the bill came in it was £280. The previous band fills had been about £100.
    I have refused to pay as I feel that, while I understand prices go up over time, this is an unacceptable amount to increase.

They now have passed the matter over to ICON collections who call frequently and while they don't intimidate us it is very annoying especially when they tell my daughter who they are and why they are calling!

I am not disputing that we need to pay for the band fill but where do we stand legally regarding the hugely inflated price? Given the fact that the previous two band fills were only £100 each, was it reasonable for us to assume that this one would be a similar price?

Do we have to deal with ICON collections or can we insist that it is dealt with by BMI?

Are there any rules about harassment by collection agents?

Thanks

Woolfie
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X