• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary termination and reasonable care

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary termination and reasonable care

Ok, so, I'm starting proceedings to hand my car back in. Honestly it's been the biggest waste of money ever, (FIAT 500 BAG OF SHITE!)
    Anyway, I called the finance company (the car finance company, that's the name of the compaby), my half way payment comes out tomorrow. I have a letter that they have sent me about basically how to VT.

The car passed the MOT last week, has had all services it needs, I've had 3 tired put on this morning koz mine were crap, the front flexi was broke so I've had that fixed (got receipts from garage) and it's currently using ALOT of fuel so it's back at the garage tomorrow for them to figure out why (was hoping it was the exhaust but doesn't seem to be).

Anyway, I want to get this right from the get go. What do I do once I email them saying come get it? This is my plan.

*take photos of every detail on the car (has a crack in the bumper, I'm willing to pay for that no arguments!)
    * photograph the milage
    * video record the car running without any warning lights on
    * have all receipts to hand for the services, any fixtures, the tyres, the exhaust and the work carried out by the garage.

My concerns are, stoneacre did a "healthcheck" and have told me I have a "suspected water leak" because of a red stain on the rediator, which actually was a bust water pipe a few months ago which was fixed, and my local garage has confirmed there is no leak. BUT, on the stoneacre health check, they tried to suggest I spend over 300 quid for a new system!!!

They also have stated all the pipes underneath are letting water in (I'll post the healthcheck if needed). Basically, I don't want their biased health check to be used as a lever for the finance company over charging me for "repairs" that I know they won't do. I also believe 100% that I have taken realy good care of the car, and have travelled 5k less millage than I stated I would, and things such as pipes slightly corroding are Wear and tear and not due to negligence.

So then, after my rant haha, any advice? I'm going to email my VT then print it off, I'll also be recording any phonecalls I make to the finance company, do I need to make them aware I am recording them?

This whole thing terrified me I just don't want to be ripped off anymore!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X