• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI claims company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PPI claims company

Yes I saw that. Your point about them not assigning someone to handle it isn't a major one. They've got 8 weeks from when you sent the complaint to give a final response and then we can go to the Legal Ombudsman if we need to. All the demands for payment since you filed the complaint we'll store up to add to the complaint to the Ombudsman.

Comment

Hi just an update it has been 8 weeks now (13th Feb) since Harringtons acknowledged receipt of my letter of complaint and to date I have received no further correspondence from them

Comment

Originally posted by Billy blue View Post
        Hi just an update it has been 8 weeks now (13th Feb) since Harringtons acknowledged receipt of my letter of complaint and to date I have received no further correspondence from them
        You said in post #45 that it was 18th February. Regardless, the 8 weeks runs from the date they would have received it. What date did you post it?

Comment

13th of February was the date on their letter acknowledging receipt of my complaint

Comment

wonder if a claim had been made in the past if a claim for PPI could be done now? just personal interest>?

Comment

13th of February was the date on their letter acknowledging receipt of my complaint
              Well they're past the 8 weeks now so you need to take the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/cmc/#download-form

Fill out the form and just copy & paste the complaint into it. I would attach all the demands you've had from Harringtons but nothing else at least at this point.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

So after almost 3 months of silence Harringtons have bombarded me with fresh demands, ringing during my work hours at least twice per day despite me pointing out I can get sacked for receiving calls in work,

Comment

You need to chase up the Legal Ombudsman ASAP, I'd give them a call.

BTW I came across this.

Comment

I recieved an email from legal ombudsman it appears they don’t believe Harrington’s have done anything wrong, even over looking that Harrington’s wrongly invoicing me for over £8400 on a settlement of £9700 insisting I had recieved over £18000

Comment

Do you know if they provided anything to the LEO relating to the mysterious extra £8400 they claimed you were refunded ?

Agreed refunds were
                        £8399.72, £411.83 and £915.42
                        What reasons did they give for siding with Harringtons otherwise?

I think you believed your actual liability was 30% of the refunds in total as that is what was quoted to you when you signed up - so a total of £2917.80 ? ( not sure where your £1500 offer came in)
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I recieved an email from legal ombudsman it appears they don’t believe Harrington’s have done anything wrong, even over looking that Harrington’s wrongly invoicing me for over £8400 on a settlement of £9700 insisting I had recieved over £18000
                          Hiya

I see you sent me the decision, let me have a read and I'll post up my thoughts later.

Comment

Just to be clear the Ombudsman knows you hadn't received £18000, but received £9708.78

But for some reason he seems to think that because you didn't complain about it until the month after Harringtons invoiced you double what they should have, it was somehow ok. I don't understand it myself but that's not the main issue really, it's the percentage you were originally quoted and whether VAT applied.

Let me have a think and I'll post tomorrow.

Comment

thank you, im perplexed that the ombudsman has failed to address or allow for the continued different amounts they invoiced me for, and just accept harringtons word on the agreed percentage, they seem to be ignoring the stress that harringtons have caused

Comment

On the percentage issue I'm sure you were told it was ''30%'' on the phone but it does say 39% + VAT on the Letter of Authority you signed I'm afraid.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X