• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice for Son please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for Son please

Hi, help and advice needed please.

My son has a motorcycle on finance, taken out when he was 17, my husband is guarantor. Its with Black Horse Finance. He pays 108 pr month, term is 3 years, 12 (or it may be 13) payments already made, never missed a payment.
    He has now moved into a flat with his girlfriend and is trying to cut down his outgoings. (Good luck to them, she's a nice girl, and they haven't asked eithr set of parents for a penny, bless) Can't sell the bike as its on finance. Has had a settlement figure from BH of £2400, which he could only pay by taking out a bank loan, which he doesn't want to do as he'd then be paying 100 per month for another 3 years to pay the loan off. Couldn't guarantee that he'd be able to sell the bike after paying off the finance before the first bank loan payment was due. At a push we can help him out to the tune of about 50 a month, but this is not ideal as a)we are skint and b)so is he.

I've seen it mentioned somewhere that vehicles can be handed back after a certain amount paid/time elapsed? Can someone advise please? And if he did hand the bike back, would this have any effect on his credit rating, or my OH's?
    Is no longer here

Re: Advice for Son please

I've seen it mentioned somewhere that vehicles can be handed back after a certain amount paid/time elapsed? Can someone advise please?
    AFAIK you can Voluntary Terminate the agreement after 50% has been paid
    It is 50% of the TOTAL amount payable under the agreement and also includes any deposit. You can find the exact figure in the termination clause on your h.p. contract. Add up what you have paid plus any deposit. If you are a little bit short of the amount required put a cheque in with your termination letter. One thing to watch out for - add-on products such as GAP or CPI are usually done on a separate CREDIT agreement i.e. not HP and will still have to be paid for.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X