• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Help bailiffs attending my property next week for a ccj I didn't even know I had what do I do 😭
    Tags: None

Re: Help

How much, what for, which company? Need more info? Do you actually owe the debt?

Comment

It's says £1800 I proberbly do owe it as I'm in dispute with united utilities but the letter is from marstans for falilre to pay ccj I've had no other letters before this one

Comment

The chances are then that is an original CCJ for Water Rates. As it was for over £600 and went unpaid then UU have transferred it up to the High Court for enforcement. Marstons will be attending as High Court Enforcement Officers and not Bailiffs. The letter you have from them will possibly be a Notice of Enforcement giving you a date to either pay or contact them before it escalates to a visit. Unfortunately the fees they charge are a lot higher.

You say you have had nothing previously - does this also include letters from UU and/or the Court? Have you moved since the dispute arose? Do you have the address that was noted on the CCJ, what address is on the Writ the Enforcement Agent has?

As you say you probably owe the money then it is going to make this a lot harder to defend. You may be able to negotiate a payment proposal but again it may be difficult. A lot may depend on your personal circumstances.

Comment

As it is a private address marstons have no right of entry, even if they claim they can break in, best keep them out hide any cars/vehicles and take note of Plodertom's advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X