• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice - Debt Recovery Plus Ltd / Smart Parking Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice - Debt Recovery Plus Ltd / Smart Parking Ltd

Hello Hi,

I was hoping for some advice if possible?!

Today, I receive a letter from debt recovery plus ltd on behalf of Smart Parking ltd for a PCN unknown to me for
    unauthorised Parking in Oakland Quay, Isle of dogs.
    Receiving the Debt Recovery Plus ltd letter was the first time I get to know about the PCN.

I have email DRP for more details about my parking ticket. And here is the content:

"Hello, I have recently received a letter from you about the parking charge and the reference number is XXXXXXXX. In the letter, it said I haven't paid the parking charge to your client in Oakland quay. However, I haven't received any parking ticket on that day or haven't received any parking charge even after. Would you be able to explain more details about this to me please?"

On that day, I have no aware of any parking camera and I have just stopped the car there for less than 10 mins. I didn't even get off the car because I was dropping my friend there and let her to get something from her flat. After picking up her, we left straight. The whole process wouldnt take more than 10 mins. However, I am not sure if this count as parking.

I have read some thread that I shouldn't communicate with DRP and just ignore it. However, I did email them before I was checking the threads online.

Could someone give me some advice for me please! Thanks!

Jason

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_24751.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	1181099
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice - Debt Recovery Plus Ltd / Smart Parking Ltd

It was fine until you got to "on that day" Should've kept it short and sweet and given them nothing. However it's not fatal as they won't allow you to appeal (as opposed to allow an appeal) and wouldn't do so just because you never had the chance.

Just start filing and ignoring all letter unless it's a court claim or letter before action.

Smart, at the moment, are not litigious http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Smart_Parking.html and DRP have all the power of a junior disprin.

M1

Comment

So basically I could just even ignore all any letters and reply from DRP? However, if there is an court calm letter. would it be issued by the county or from DRP or Smart? Thanks a lot!
      Last edited by Jasonfok; 22nd January 2017, 03:46:AM.

Comment

So basically I could just even ignore all any letters and reply from DRP? However, if there is an court calm letter. would it be issued by the county or from DRP or Smart? Thanks a lot!

Comment

So basically I could just even ignore all any letters and reply from DRP?
          Yes.

However, if there is an court calm letter. would it be issued by the county or from DRP or Smart?
          County court (Northampton centre usually until allocated).

DRP wouldn't dare as they own nothing. Smart would be the claimant unless they assigned it to another company.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
            Yes.

County court (Northampton centre usually until allocated).

DRP wouldn't dare as they own nothing. Smart would be the claimant unless they assigned it to another company.

M1
            Hello M1,

I have just received another letter from the company, and it said

'DRP referred to their letter on 18/01/2017, and noted that I hadn't paid the £160 parking charge. As I haven't contacted them to tell them that I am not liable for the charge, they have taken this to mean that I agree I am liable for it'.

I would like to ask do I ignore this again? Thanks!
            Attached Files

Comment

I would, yes.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                I would, yes.

M1
                Hello M1

I have received few more from DRP during this period. However, this time it is a letter from Zenith and it is the same case but different idea. Could you advice me what to do with it? just ignore it again? Thanks!

Jason

Comment

Have a look at the small writing at the bottom of the letter. It is the same company, just the next desk. Zenith a trading name of DRP.

Comment

Hi

What was the out come did they stop sending you letters. As l have received the same letter lol

Comment

Hi
                      I to have just had a DRP letter asking for £160.

Would be interested in the outcome of this as I have no intention of paying them or britannia as

1. No first reminder with evidence was sent....yet an ANPR camera took pictures, just a final demand for 100 pounds two weeks ago.
                      2. The times since the ANPR camera went up have varied from 1 hr to 90mins to 2 hours since March 2017 when it was installeducated and badly positioned
                      3. No ticket was issued on the day because of ANPR camera. And no option to pay to add time.

On my letter they referred to a case won by a parking company and state it is now legal to do so.......am wondering if this is again a scare tactic ?

I have contacted costa coffee whom reside on the sitedge, am awaiting a reply from them. Apparently they have a section of customer service that deals with this.

If an option to pay for a few hours was there then I would have paid that fee, many people use costa as a meeting place. This particular one is a drive through in swindon on junction 16 but also a place to meet and relax. The landowner put this in a few years back but the camera is new.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                        Have a look at the small writing at the bottom of the letter. It is the same company, just the next desk. Zenith a trading name of DRP.
                        Hello M1

I had received another letter from them, but this time is from a solicitors. And could you please advice the next step, should I ignore again? Thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jasonfok

Take a look at to whom you are instructed to make payment.
                          DRP.
                          If that letter came from Gladstones, I'm a banana!
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

The emergence of Gladstones is concerning as it may mean a change in attitude from Smart from non litigious to litigious. However, as the client is DRP then no court case can be brought as they do not own the "debt".

Ignore.

M1

Comment

This is great. Can you please advise me what the position is in Scotland if you receive a parking ticket from this company and also what the position is with the debt recovery company
                              Last edited by wardieskip; 30th July 2017, 09:15:AM. Reason: word/spelling mistake

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X