• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice - Debt Recovery Plus Ltd / Smart Parking Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Charge Notice - Debt Recovery Plus Ltd / Smart Parking Ltd

If you are in Scotland then POFA, the ability to claim from the keeper, does not exist and they can only claim from the driver if they know who the driver is. So don't tell them who was driving at the time and ignore the NTK and the following threatening letters. You could point out to the parking company that keeper liability does not exist in Scotland and to desist from sending further threatening letters and you will not be naming the driver at time as there is no legal requirement to do so. After that just file away.

Comment

thank you for your help it is much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonfok View Post
        Hello Hi,

I was hoping for some advice if possible?!

Today, I receive a letter from debt recovery plus ltd on behalf of Smart Parking ltd for a PCN unknown to me for
        unauthorised Parking in Oakland Quay, Isle of dogs.
        Receiving the Debt Recovery Plus ltd letter was the first time I get to know about the PCN.

I have email DRP for more details about my parking ticket. And here is the content:

"Hello, I have recently received a letter from you about the parking charge and the reference number is XXXXXXXX. In the letter, it said I haven't paid the parking charge to your client in Oakland quay. However, I haven't received any parking ticket on that day or haven't received any parking charge even after. Would you be able to explain more details about this to me please?"

On that day, I have no aware of any parking camera and I have just stopped the car there for less than 10 mins. I didn't even get off the car because I was dropping my friend there and let her to get something from her flat. After picking up her, we left straight. The whole process wouldnt take more than 10 mins. However, I am not sure if this count as parking.

I have read some thread that I shouldn't communicate with DRP and just ignore it. However, I did email them before I was checking the threads online.

Could someone give me some advice for me please! Thanks!

Jason
        hi Jason wondering if you heard anything back as I'm in the same situation.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Jason,

Any further updates on this? I had been issued a similar notice in May and since then the DRP letters have been arriving a regular intervals (every 2-4 weeks).

Can someone please advice what should I do if I am changing my home in next one month.

I will be setting up a mail forward doe 6 months and also updating my address with DVLA. Is there anything else I should do to make sure any potential court action letters are not missed.

Kind regards
          Tekas

Comment

Originally posted by Khanf View Post
            hi Jason wondering if you heard anything back as I'm in the same situation.

Thanks
            Originally posted by tekas View Post
            Hi Jason,

Any further updates on this? I had been issued a similar notice in May and since then the DRP letters have been arriving a regular intervals (every 2-4 weeks).

Can someone please advice what should I do if I am changing my home in next one month.

I will be setting up a mail forward doe 6 months and also updating my address with DVLA. Is there anything else I should do to make sure any potential court action letters are not missed.

Kind regards
            Tekas
            DRP are 3rd party debt collectors.
            Safe to ignore.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hello i received a ticket for 60 pound , I sent representation as soon as I received the ticket as to why I thought I was not liable for the fine as there ticket machine was not working working , and there wasn’t a man in the booth either and the barriers of the car park were open , I stated that if they looked on there camera they will see me clearly trying to make payment , too witch I had no response until a letter came for 160.00 , I rang them to say I had appealed and had had no response, to with I was told did I post it recorded delivery, unfortunately I didn’t , he said it’s my fault and I should have paid by the parking by telephone ? Witch I did not know I could do , they have been really hounding me sending me text messages and calling me also letters, I the wrote again telling them ok I except I could have tryed harder at the time to pay at another machine on a different floor ( although I am disabled) and had s child with me ( he told me I should have got her to do it ) and if I don’t pay they will take me too court , I agreed to pay sixty pounds as ok I except the orsnginal ticket but I will not pay the 160.00 as I made a appeal , he said that’s wat you say and we don’t know that ? I have since wrote offering payment of sixty and yet again have had no response and they keep calling can you help ?

Comment

Can people start their own threads please when they are asking for help. This thread seems to gave 4 different problems associated with it and it's getting a bit confusing

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X