• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MONKEYMOO COURT CLAIM THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello, Advice Please Re Howard Cohen/Robinson Way Letter Threatening Legal Action

The debt was a car loan through a car dealer who arranged finance through lloyds. It wasn't a hire purchase. I sold the car to buy another a zafira due to having a family I had to sell that car due to the recall and having loads of problems. So the debt I stopped paying (to save up for bankruptcy) in start to mid 2011. So the 6 years is coming up. I never received a default notice as I moved etc. I sent them a letter in the beginning of 2011 changing my name and changing address and this was never done. As the letter I received from cohen was in my old married name. Loan amount was for £9000 odd balance if £6700 and would have been finished 2 years ago this month. Hope this helps?

Comment

Re: Hello, Advice Please Re Howard Cohen/Robinson Way Letter Threatening Legal Action

Hi guys. Really need your help. I have today received a county court claim

Comment

Originally posted by monkeymoo View Post
        Hi guys. Really need your help. I have today received a county court claim
        Hello MM

Please post a copy of the claim form here after removing the claim No. and your personal details.

Acknowledge service of the claim ( instructions are on the form) and state you intend to defend the claim in full. Do Not enter any defence at this stage.

Once we have the info it will be easier to see what must be gone.

nem

Comment

how do I insert a pic off a phone?

Comment

the particulars of the claim are:
            The claim is for the sum of £6311.12 in respect of monies owing under and agreement with the account no: ******** pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974(CCA).
            The debt was legally assigned by MKDP LLP (Ex Lloyds Banking Group) to the claimant and notice has been served. The Defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement. A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to s.87(1) CCA.
            The claimant claims:
            1. The sum of £6311.12
            2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at the rate of 8.00 percent from the 08.08.11 to the date hereof 1973 days is the sum of £2729.25
            3. Future Interest accruing at the daily rate of £1.38
            4. Costs

Comment

how do I insert a pic off a phone?
              I'll ask [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] to assist.

nem

Comment

I have typed up the particulars of the clim above

Comment

The debt was a car loan through a car dealer who arranged finance through lloyds. It wasn't a hire purchase. I sold the car to buy another a zafira due to having a family I had to sell that car due to the recall and having loads of problems.

. . . Hope this helps?
                  Yes it does help

Was the "recall" a manufacturer's recall?

Did the creditor (Lloyds) know of the situation as well as the car dealer at the time. My question is in relation to section 75 CCA - just a shot in the dark until more is known.

Di

Comment

Hi no, the car was sold to purchase a different cheaper to run car and that car was the one that I got rid of due to recall. I currently have no car

Comment

Hi no, the car was sold to purchase a different cheaper to run car and that car was the one that I got rid of due to recall.
                      Oh well, worth a try

Any PPI on the Lloyd's loan?

What's the claim Issue Date so you know what deadlines you're going to need to meet? The AOS must be done within 19 days of that date, and the Defence within 33 days.

There's a lot of interest which has been added making the debt now £9k. Have you been getting annual statements (s.86) from Lloyds and/or MKDP?

Di

Comment

Doesn't have a particular date on it. Just says respond to the claim form within 14 days of the day of service which was 10th January

Comment

Doesn't have a particular date on it. Just says respond to the claim form within 14 days of the day of service which was 10th January
                          The claim Issue Date should be on the top right hand corner of the first page under the Claim No.

Di

Comment

Claim issue date was 10/01

Comment

Claim issue date was 10/01

24th then

Comment

Hi guys, any advice on what to do?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X