Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Children's rights ???

• Display

Legal Admin

Mentions
    130 Post(s)

Default Re: Children's rights ???

No worries, I forgot to say there may be a fee for him to complete this letter unfortunately. Thought I should mention it. Hopefully he'll be able to get the necessary information from your records and prepare a letter in support of your LA application.
    I am a qualified solicitor employed by the LegalBeagles forum to provide guidance on a wide range of legal queries. I am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Mentions
    3 Post(s)

So luckily the dr has the info needed for the form I'm still confused as to to who the addressee would be I called my lawyer and her receptionist said to put myself on. I'm unsure as I obviously want the form to be correct. Absolute nightmare. Grrrrrr.

Legal Admin

Mentions
    130 Post(s)

Really helpful!
    I'd address to your solicitor as the letter from the GP is in support for your application for LA, the first hurdle of which is to get past the solicitor gate keeper so to speak. The solicitor will probably disclose the copy letter to the LSC but the solicitor is the first to consider the content of the GP's letter.
    I am a qualified solicitor employed by the LegalBeagles forum to provide guidance on a wide range of legal queries. I am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

Mentions
    3 Post(s)

Thanks Peridot. X

Mentions
    3 Post(s)

So have had the first initial phone interview with cafcass. And the copy of them at has come through the post. The ex is totally lied about everything and denying it's him in the sex video in my daughters iPad. However I still have video to prove it otherwise. How would it go down with him lying to court officials, any ideas anyone ?

Thanks again x

Legal Admin

Mentions
    130 Post(s)

Hi Allbee1,
    Glad things are moving on. Stay calm, the truth will come out and you have the evidence. It's difficult not to retaliate when you hear untruths. You need to be measured in responses and just point out you believe exs comments are not correct. You have the video if they want proof. Let your solicitor guide you but needless to say it wouldn't look good in Court if you can show the facts as he sees them are not quite as the evidence would demonstrate.
    Did you get legal aid funding In the end? Hopefully that is sorted now?
    I know you'll be angry hearing/seeing what the ex has said but try and stay rational and factual about things. Rant with friends, calm and reasonable with authorities.

Mentions
    3 Post(s)

Well no I've not retaliated at all I'm lettinbhim dig himself a hole. Yes I have emergency legal aid in place while my application is going through so that's £500 saved for the first hearings thank goodness. That's exactly what I'm doing is not rising to it all. Can't believe how many lies he told though silly man.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Mediation letter

Oh dear poor you!
    I think it'll be the 8 year old that they will focus on, mainly because, as other posters have said, the 15 year old will decide for himself. Normally mediation is expected in these cases prior to court. But suggest contact should slowly build over time, this will test his sincerity. It'll wear off if he isn't committed. If your 8 year old isn't comfortable going to his house then it should take place somewhere he is comfortable like a visit to the cinema or another community like setting. My daughter recently went through this with her 2 young children although there was evidence of violence. In fact he didn't get unsupervised contact, which I am led to believe is rare. I would aim to test his sincerity, especially if he's messed them about before, as a mum I get you wouldn't want to just let him get what he wants until he gets bored.

Mentions
    3 Post(s)

Default Re: Mediation letter

Well she is still adament she doesn't want to visit. And although Ive kept/supported contact with his paternal grandparents she has chosen not to talk with them at the present time. Of course I've been accused of "influencing her" and is not the case in any way shape or form. And I will under the circumstances discussed in the thread earlier support her decision fully. Cafcass have stated they will not support contact in the interim thankfully for her due to her mental state. With all going on I have to watch her constantly as she has threatened self harm again and caught her with a dressing robe cord around her neck. Which I've spoke with dr and her counsellor about. Needless to say I'm furious he's trying to play good daddy because of a new relationship over her mental health. Absolutely furious !!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123