• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Children's rights ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Children's rights ???

Thanks yes I would love a good rant. Just when my kids aren't here lol. He certainly isn't worth me losing my dignity over kids are worth more to me than point scoring over him.

Thanks Peridot and everyone else for the advice. Will let you know how things pan out as the info may help someone else also.

Comment

Always here for a rant, sure there are plenty of us on the forum with experience of idiot ex's and their manipulative ways
      I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

Ok so I got a legal aid form from my solicitor to take the drs to fill in. Who do I get the dr to put as the addressee name and address on the letter. As I'm assuming I would be the applicant. Pic of letter added thanks in advance.

Would it it be my solicitor name and address or legal aid people. I'm confused
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Allbbe1,
          I would suggest that the Dr/Healthcare professional addresses the letter to your solicitor, provided they are the one making the decision whether an application for LA is appropriate? I have checked on the gov't website and it is not clear only to say that the medical evidence is required in order for a decision to be made wither LA should be available to you in the circumstances.
          In any event I suspect that the Dr has prepared these before and will already know what he needs to do. Just had them the template letter and once they have completed it/prepared their response on headed notepaper then you need to take that letter to your lawyer.
          Hope that helps.
          I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

Comment

Hi thanks Peridot. It's a hard one. I've spoken with him before with regards to domestic abuse over the years wether it be financial abuse to controlling and myself being hit with a big welly in the face. I'm sure he may well have done this before. So will take my lawyer info in with me to give him.

Thanks so so much again x

Comment

No worries, I forgot to say there may be a fee for him to complete this letter unfortunately. Thought I should mention it. Hopefully he'll be able to get the necessary information from your records and prepare a letter in support of your LA application.

Comment

So luckily the dr has the info needed for the form I'm still confused as to to who the addressee would be I called my lawyer and her receptionist said to put myself on. I'm unsure as I obviously want the form to be correct. Absolute nightmare. Grrrrrr.

Comment

Really helpful!
                  I'd address to your solicitor as the letter from the GP is in support for your application for LA, the first hurdle of which is to get past the solicitor gate keeper so to speak. The solicitor will probably disclose the copy letter to the LSC but the solicitor is the first to consider the content of the GP's letter.

Comment

Thanks Peridot. X

Comment

So have had the first initial phone interview with cafcass. And the copy of them at has come through the post. The ex is totally lied about everything and denying it's him in the sex video in my daughters iPad. However I still have video to prove it otherwise. How would it go down with him lying to court officials, any ideas anyone ?

Thanks again x

Comment

Hi Allbee1,
                        Glad things are moving on. Stay calm, the truth will come out and you have the evidence. It's difficult not to retaliate when you hear untruths. You need to be measured in responses and just point out you believe exs comments are not correct. You have the video if they want proof. Let your solicitor guide you but needless to say it wouldn't look good in Court if you can show the facts as he sees them are not quite as the evidence would demonstrate.
                        Did you get legal aid funding In the end? Hopefully that is sorted now?
                        I know you'll be angry hearing/seeing what the ex has said but try and stay rational and factual about things. Rant with friends, calm and reasonable with authorities.

Comment

Well no I've not retaliated at all I'm lettinbhim dig himself a hole. Yes I have emergency legal aid in place while my application is going through so that's £500 saved for the first hearings thank goodness. That's exactly what I'm doing is not rising to it all. Can't believe how many lies he told though silly man.

Comment

Re: Mediation letter

Oh dear poor you!
                            I think it'll be the 8 year old that they will focus on, mainly because, as other posters have said, the 15 year old will decide for himself. Normally mediation is expected in these cases prior to court. But suggest contact should slowly build over time, this will test his sincerity. It'll wear off if he isn't committed. If your 8 year old isn't comfortable going to his house then it should take place somewhere he is comfortable like a visit to the cinema or another community like setting. My daughter recently went through this with her 2 young children although there was evidence of violence. In fact he didn't get unsupervised contact, which I am led to believe is rare. I would aim to test his sincerity, especially if he's messed them about before, as a mum I get you wouldn't want to just let him get what he wants until he gets bored.

Comment

Re: Mediation letter

Well she is still adament she doesn't want to visit. And although Ive kept/supported contact with his paternal grandparents she has chosen not to talk with them at the present time. Of course I've been accused of "influencing her" and is not the case in any way shape or form. And I will under the circumstances discussed in the thread earlier support her decision fully. Cafcass have stated they will not support contact in the interim thankfully for her due to her mental state. With all going on I have to watch her constantly as she has threatened self harm again and caught her with a dressing robe cord around her neck. Which I've spoke with dr and her counsellor about. Needless to say I'm furious he's trying to play good daddy because of a new relationship over her mental health. Absolutely furious !!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X