• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advantage Finance attachment of earnings on old debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantage Finance attachment of earnings on old debt

Hi all,

Very pleased to be here and meet you all.

I need help with an issue I have with Advantage finance. On January 13th I received a letter from my local county court informing me that an attachment of earnings order had been granted to Advantage finance. I have not received any paper work or claims from them since 2007 at a previous address.

I believe this debt should be statute limited barred as it is over 6 years and I had not admitted any liability to them in that time.

Further to this, I believe that Advantage are aware of my current address as I have an email from them relating to a credit application in June 2016, after applying for car finance through a broker and Advantage were one of the lenders they obviously applied to.

I am aware that I need to file a N244 form but need some advice beforehand. Is it worth writing to Advantage first and outlying the above issues or do I go straight to the court with the N244?

Also, do I need to enclose the £255 fee with the application?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Advantage Finance attachment of earnings on old debt

Originally posted by Borderlands View Post
    Hi all,

Very pleased to be here and meet you all.

I need help with an issue I have with Advantage finance. On January 13th I received a letter from my local county court informing me that an attachment of earnings order had been granted to Advantage finance. I have not received any paper work or claims from them since 2007 at a previous address.

I believe this debt should be statute limited barred as it is over 6 years and I had not admitted any liability to them in that time.

Further to this, I believe that Advantage are aware of my current address as I have an email from them relating to a credit application in June 2016, after applying for car finance through a broker and Advantage were one of the lenders they obviously applied to.

I am aware that I need to file a N244 form but need some advice beforehand. Is it worth writing to Advantage first and outlying the above issues or do I go straight to the court with the N244?

Also, do I need to enclose the £255 fee with the application?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Good morning, welcome to LB.

Before paying out the fee check out The Registry Trust (Trust online) to see when/if a CCJ was obtained a small fee is payable for each address searched.

It would be worth checking credit files as well Noddle and Clear Score are free online.

What is your employment status, employee, self employed?

A debt must be statute barred on or before a county court claim is issued.

nem

Comment

Thank you for that, I have now checked Clearscore and will request a copy of my credit file soon from trust online. There is no CCJ from Advantage on my credit history, so I am assuming as its longer than six years it is no longer showing, if there was even one there before.

After further research I see that the creditor has within the original six years to enforce the debt, which again Im assuming they must have got a CCJ in 2007. After the six years they need special permission to enforce?

Im currently employed so accept I will need to pay a N244 fee.

My concern here is though should I have to pay if Advantage have acted underhanded in there methods to get an attachment of earnings? Should I write to them or the court to ask for evidence relating to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Borderlands View Post
        Thank you for that, I have now checked Clearscore and will request a copy of my credit file soon from trust online. There is no CCJ from Advantage on my credit history, so I am assuming as its longer than six years it is no longer showing, if there was even one there before.

After further research I see that the creditor has within the original six years to enforce the debt, which again Im assuming they must have got a CCJ in 2007. After the six years they need special permission to enforce?

Im currently employed so accept I will need to pay a N244 fee.

My concern here is though should I have to pay if Advantage have acted underhanded in there methods to get an attachment of earnings? Should I write to them or the court to ask for evidence relating to this?
        Yes fee payable.
        Check Trust online before making any moves / decisions.

What is your employers attitude tor the AOL, please be aware the employer can only refuse the AOL on very few grounds.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X