• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ to my old address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ to my old address

aw:Hi I have just found out through a credit report company that I have a CCJ 09/11/2016 this is registered at the address which I moved from 9 months ago. I had absolutely no knowledge of this until I looked at the report. How do I dispute this as I had no chance to defend myself?
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ to my old address

Originally posted by VickyStevo View Post
    aw:Hi I have just found out through a credit report company that I have a CCJ 09/11/2016 this is registered at the address which I moved from 9 months ago. I had absolutely no knowledge of this until I looked at the report. How do I dispute this as I had no chance to defend myself?
    Good morning, welcome to LB,

Which company has gained judgment?
    Had you updated creditors, electoral roll etc. with your new address?

You will have to apply for the judgment to be set aside (fee payable), do you recall the original creditor and the debt?
    nem

Comment

Re: CCJ to my old address

Originally posted by VickyStevo View Post
      I have a CCJ 09/11/2016 this is registered at the address which I moved from 9 months ago. I had absolutely no knowledge of this until I looked at the report. How do I dispute this as I had no chance to defend myself?

The first thing you need to do is get the claim reference number which you'll find by logging into Trust Online. I'm sorry to say there's a fee to pay for this.

Then contact NCCBC for the 'case details'. This is a printout from their MCOL database so you can see who was claiming what and why in detail (the Particulars of Claim).

Also ask them for a copy of the Default Judgment (the CCJ).

When you've got all that, post up the basic information on the forum so your next steps can be planned.

If you would have had reasonable prospects of defending the claim, if you'd had the chance, then you can make an application for a set aside of the CCJ which you file with a Draft Defence.

There is a fee for the application but if you're in receipt of certain benefits or low waged then you may be entitled to fee remission.

Depending on the circumstances, you can sometimes persuade the Claimant to consent to the set aside so they only have to file a Consent Order with the court (£100 fee).

Once the CCJ is set aside things go back to the beginning so you can file your Defence as if nothing has happened

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X