• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage Company Has Paid off a CCJ in my name to "Protect their interest"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage Company Has Paid off a CCJ in my name to "Protect their interest"

Help!

I have a mortgage through redstone mortgages ltd on a second property I own. The property itself is an ex council flat that I am a lease holder of. The council still own the freehold.

During 2013 the council carried out work on the whole building and I was invoiced nearly £5000 for my share of he cost. The work carried out was of an awful standard and therefore I opened a dispute with the council. Shortly after this I moved home however retained ownership of the flat and rented it out. Despite providing an updated correspondence address the council continued to write to me at my old address to the point where the debt was pursued by them, and I was issued with a CCJ all without my knowledge. Again, without my knowledge after the judgement the council pursued my mortgage company for payment of the debt.

Without any correspondence to myself Redstone Mortgages paid the now £6,000 debt and capitalised the amount on to my mortgage balance.

Falling short of admitting liability, the council have since agreed that repair work needs to be carried out at their cost which is another matter, however my question is this?

Can my mortgage company simply pay off a debt and capitalize the balance thus meaning their will be further interest charges involved.

I welcome your, thoughts, help & advise and please let me know if you require any further information.

Kind Regards

Andy
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X