• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Application for Strike Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application for Strike Out

Hi All,

Could someone please confirm what form number or a link a form?

The form i am looking for is to make an application to strike out a claim in the small claims court. I have looked for the obvious but can not find it and the court staff are not being very helpful when i telephone them

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Application for Strike Out

N244 Form - https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.j...k/n244-eng.pdf

IF you are seeking to strike out then you will need to refer to one or more of the reasons why you wish to strike out under CPR 3.4 (2) as part of your application
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by smith69 View Post
      The form i am looking for is to make an application to strike out a claim in the small claims court.
      Hello

May I ask for a little bit more information before you fill in any forms and possibly part with any fee involved.

Making an application doesn't guarantee the court will grant your application to strike out the claim especially if the other side contests your application.

And if it all goes pear shaped you could be lumbered with their costs of a failed application (even in the Small Claims Court).

So back to the beginning.

Who is claiming what and why?

And equally importantly what stage have these legal proceedings reached?

Di

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the link.

I have a free legal advice service with my house insurance, i have had a chat with them. They advised me to go down this route but they were more interested in trying to give me a fee quote to make an application.

Here's what has happened -

I provide accountancy services. Mr A applied as an individual to provide the services to him. I followed the normal procedure and followed the CCD - Customer Due Diligence procedures for Money Laundering Regulations. Everything seemed fine however when it came to payment before agreeing to provide the services, the client could not pay for the services from an account in his name online. He was prompted about this and became very irate sadly.

As the client was non face to face and they could not pay via an account in their name, we had to decline the business and follow procedure. MLR businesses have to follow a risk assessment, which was not satisfied. The client was later refunded.

Next thing we know is that we have a claim form - no LBA apart from an email stating see you in court.

He claims because i did not provide the services it left him unable to submit his accounts in time and has caused penalty/fines.

I have emailed them and asked for evidence of this, they have now emailed me a letter from companies house in relation to fines to a LTD Co, which i was not in contract with nor had any involvement. They are a director of the company.

The claim has been made in his name personally against my trading as name ( i am a LTD company)

My reasons for asking for a strike out are as follow (at the moment) -

1. The claim has been made by Mr A to recover a debt due as a company he is director of has been fined. The letter clearly states the debt is a debt of the company and not his. (basically claiming a debt for a third party but him listed as the claimant)

2. I never have had contract with the company in question or provided services to them.

3. The claim has been made against a trading as name and not my company.

I have summed this up and would be more formal if i continue. Would you need any more details?

Comment

Also the claim amount does not match up with the fine/penalty letter even including the court fee or "interest"

Comment

Originally posted by smith69 View Post
            Also the claim amount does not match up with the fine/penalty letter even including the court fee or "interest"
            On the face of it, your claim would appear to be suitable for a strike out application. It is common for a strike out application to be combined with a summary judgment application as if you fail on one, you might succeed on the other.

I am assuming you have the evidence to show that the contract was made between your Ltd Co. and Mr A personally?

Other points to note is that even if he is now claiming that the work related you were instructed on related to Mr A's Ltd Co. then it is the Ltd Co. who is the claimant and not Mr A. The Claim could be brought by Mr A as a director, but it is done so on behalf of the Ltd Co. Therefore, unless the claim is brought by the Ltd Co. the claim is not valid.

Reasons to strike out can also include a failure to comply with any orders by the court, the Civil Procedure Rules and any Practice Directions under it.
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X