• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gladstones Letter, but it isn't my car.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gladstones Letter, but it isn't my car.

Post up the claim form, suitably sanitised, as well as anything else you have which will give clues what the actual dispute is going to be (PCN, signs etc)

M1

Comment

Greatly appreciated,

No PCN just a letter initially with the wrong reg, when I pointed that out sent me a new letter with right Reg.

Sent them the letter you suggested, they replied with the one attached saying they would not provide the information as it was 'disproportionate to the amount' but did provide photo's of our car, I've attached their reply. I resent the letter again but then they have proceeded to issue the claim.

I've included a photo of the signage which is clearly visible.

When I spoke with Regus who own the car park their staff said 'don't pay it it isn't legally unenforceable'.
      When I then re spoke with them they have said they 'cannot comment as the parking service provided by UKPE is in dispute as UKPE aren't abiding by the terms of the agreement'.

Thanks again,

Dave
      Attached Files

Comment

Is that an old pay and display ticket ?

This car park appears not to be pay and display ?

M1

Comment

It is an old ticket that was just in the window for another car park. It isn't a ticket for the car park in question.

Unfortunately my better half was driving the car and it looks like she failed to get a ticket from the reception that day, unfortunately I didn't know this until very recently!

Dave

Comment

Ok, file acknowledgement of service and i'll get back to you.

M1

Comment

Have sent the acknowledgement, will have a good old look and see what I can come up with.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi Mystery1 and All,

Just wondered if anyone had any idea as to how I can try and defend this. To recap;

Initial paperwork was for the wrong car, one that wasn't mine.
                I pointed this out to Gladstones, they then sent a letter for my car.
                I then asked them to confirm they had the rights over this land to enforce the 'fine'.
                They refused to provide this stating it is disproportionate to the fine. Sent me pictures of our car without a 'valid' ticket. DESPITE WIFE CLAIMING SHE GOT ONE!
                I re asked them to confirm they had rights.
                County Court letter arrives..

Any help greatly appreciated

Dave

Comment

Edit to suit.

Rumplestiltskindef.rtf

M1

Comment

Thanks for this, unfortunately I've had to reply with something far less complete and authoritative last week to make sure I hit the deadline.

Lets see how I get on

Dave

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X