• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Alternative to postal orders for CCA requests?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to postal orders for CCA requests?

We need to get CCA requests in to my sister's unsecured creditors; it's almost certain that she won't want to go and get postal orders so I wondered whether there were any serious cons to other forms of payment of the £1 fee? Such as a personal cheque.

I realise that there's some paranoia that a company might theoretically lift a signature off a cheque to apply to fraudulent paperwork, but I don't really feel that I can take that too seriously...

Could someone else supply a personal cheque? Is that allowed?
    Tags: None

Re: Alternative to postal orders for CCA requests?

Buy the postal order for her?
    All you needis the name of thecompany you are paying

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Buy the postal order for her?
      All you needis the name of thecompany you are paying
      Im already writing all the letters and doing all of the research for her, so I'll have to decline that option.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcadian View Post
        We need to get CCA requests in to my sister's unsecured creditors; it's almost certain that she won't want to go and get postal orders so I wondered whether there were any serious cons to other forms of payment of the £1 fee? Such as a personal cheque.

I realise that there's some paranoia that a company might theoretically lift a signature off a cheque to apply to fraudulent paperwork, but I don't really feel that I can take that too seriously...

Could someone else supply a personal cheque? Is that allowed?
        Why won't your sister be willing to go and get postal orders to accompany her CCA Requests? Can someone else queue up in the post office on her behalf if that's the problem?

Are you saying that she is willing to send a personal cheque instead?

Or are you saying that she's not willing to send CCA Requests to any of her creditors for some other reason?

If so what do you think is that reason (if she is reluctanct to send CCA Requests)?

You've asked if a third party can fund the statutory request on her behalf? I'm not sure that's possible unless there's a formal authorisation to act on her behalf. This may not matter until there is any legal aftermath (subsequent court proceedings).

The main reason for a CCA Request (ruling out curiosity ) is to fortify the debtor against potential legal action. If this (legal action) becomes an issue then the circumstances surrounding any statutory request will be scrutinised. You, or rather "we" need to get this right.

You have another thread on this issue so it may make sense to merge the two.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
          Here is a link to your other thread on this issue which may help to put things into perspective since from what you say there are family issues relating to an associated voluntary(?) repossession.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...066#post695066

Here's my final post on the thread >

Dear Arcadian

Your request for an apology is rejected.

May I refer you to my signature at the bottom of this post.

Your gratitude for the advice I gave you vis-a-vis possession proceedings has been noted in post #9 and #10.

I am unable and unwilling to assist you further.

I trust this clarifies matters.

Yours faithfully

Diana M

Di

Comment

Why won't your sister be willing to go and get postal orders to accompany her CCA Requests? Can someone else queue up in the post office on her behalf if that's the problem?

Are you saying that she is willing to send a personal cheque instead?

Or are you saying that she's not willing to send CCA Requests to any of her creditors for some other reason?

If so what do you think is that reason (if she is reluctanct to send CCA Requests)?

You've asked if a third party can fund the statutory request on her behalf? I'm not sure that's possible unless there's a formal authorisation to act on her behalf. This may not matter until there is any legal aftermath (subsequent court proceedings).

The main reason for a CCA Request (ruling out curiosity ) is to fortify the debtor against potential legal action. If this (legal action) becomes an issue then the circumstances surrounding any statutory request will be scrutinised. You, or rather "we" need to get this right.

Di
            She's fine with the CCA requests being sent, the reason that the postal orders would not be purchased if left to her is simply that she wouldn't get round to it. A personal cheque can easily be written by her but in all of the threads that I've read on here people have always been advised in the strongest terms to always send postal orders.

The logic behind the CCA requests is at this point to see if they can produce them really, in advance of any possible future legal action.

I'd rather not add to the other thread at this point because it mostly relates to the secured debt, which has been (more or less) sorted now. Also I thought this question stands well on its own, and could be useful for anyone else with a similar question.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcadian View Post
              I'd rather not add to the other thread at this point because it mostly relates to the secured debt, which has been (more or less) sorted now.
              But your other thread gives the history of your sister's financial problems (as seen through your eyes) and also includes the NRAM Together mortgage unsecured debt which has been delinked (now that her property has been sold to a family contact after possession proceedings had been issued) which is presumably part of the reason for your questions on this new thread (CCA Request 'funded' by a third party).

So I think a holistic approach to your sister's situation is relevant because after all these are her debts.

Would she like to join the forum to ask questions which will help her tackle her financial situation?

Di
              Last edited by Diana M; 15th January 2017, 23:23:PM.

Comment

No family "issues" although some debt is owed to family members who are not me.

Sale of property, completely voluntary, instigated by sister. Became a near repossession due to difficult selling conditions, and lack of income to pay mortgage (job voluntarily resigned from without any forward planning).

She doesn't want to come on here and ask questions, no. By her own admission when anything financial is being discussed she glazes over and stops listening. That's why I'm dealing with all this, in consultation with her of course.

This isn't really relevant to the original point of this thread, and the question that I really need to know the answer to in order to continue helping her.

Comment

Another update.

Sister realised that her new bank account (which I advised her to open when it was clear that she had difficulties with the credit card connected to her current account) does not even have a cheque book.
                  I advised her to purchase some postal orders.
                  She made a face.

Relatives wrote out two personal cheques for £1 each, I clearly endorsed them with the usual proviso.

I wrote out the CCA letters and sent them off. Both were received.

One acknowledgement was received back, another was received back with cheque included!

Both said that further information would be forthcoming.

We wait.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X