• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court claim received

Hi hope you knowledgable guys are able to help me.

Today I have received a court claim from AM Parking Services claiming £217.83 stating the driver of the vehicle reg number incurred the parking charges on 19/09/15 for breaching the terms of parking on an address.

The address is a block of flats where I was a named tenant with a valid parking permit for that address, I was given the permit with no permit holder and I can only guess that it wasn't on the windscreen at the time due to it moving from its place on the dashboard, as I say guess as no ticket was left on the screen.

No notice to keeper was received, the first I knew of this alleged parking contravention was when I received a letter from a solicitor in August 2016 demanding payment but no evidence was supplied.

I wrote back (first class unfortunately) stating that this was the first I knew of any parking contravention and that I was a tenant at the address with a valid permit and supplied a photocopy of the permit saying I hope that puts an end to this. I heard no more from them.

i have since moved house and today received the claim form as above.

Obviously I wish to defend their claim do I have a good enough defence to do so?

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Court claim received

can anyone help?

Acknowledged service today and entered defend in full so any help would be great as totally clueless.

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Comment

Can you post up any signs, pcn, lease conditions etc than you have (sanitised).

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
          Can you post up any signs, pcn, lease conditions etc than you have (sanitised).

M1
          Thanks for replying Mystery1.

You will have to give me a couple of days to get photos of the signs as I no longer live at the property and access to the car park may prove an issue.

I never received the PCN, nothing on the windscreen, nothing through the post.

Will check my old tenancy agreement when home.

Thanks again.

Comment

Make sure you file acknowledgement of service for now as it gives us 14 days extra and 33 days from the date on the form to file a defence.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X