• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Appealed with POPLA returned - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appealed with POPLA returned - won

Appealed by post using word processing, as stated on POPLA website.
    Letter sent back with firms enclosed.
    After reviewing your correspondence we note you have not submitted appeal on a POPLA postal appeal form. Accordingly we are not able to accept your appeal in its current form.
    In order to raise postal appeal with POPLA we need you to complete the and return form. Please respond in ,10 days for us to process your appeal. Unfortunately we can't process firm after this time.

Why are they changing the rules as this stage? The appeal was sent on time and in accordance with the website requirement.

Any suggestions?
    Tags: None

Re: Appealed with POPLA returned

Sorry didn't see that.

I'd have just resubmitted.

I do not from the popla FAQ

Can I submit an appeal by post?

You can submit an appeal by post, but this will take longer than using our web portal due to postage and processing requirements. Please ensure you write as clearly and legibly as you can, and wherever possible please word process your submission. Our postal address is: POPLA, PO Box 1270, Warrington WA4 9RL.
    You must clearly state your name, contact details (including any email address that we can contact you on) and your postal address. If you do not clearly include your POPLA reference number we will not be able to consider your appeal.
    Please ensure you pay the correct postage as POPLA will not make up any shortfall.
    Can I complain about the service I have received from POPLA?

At POPLA we take complaints about our service very seriously. If you think that we have done something wrong please let us know so we have the chance to put things right quickly and effectively. Your complaint will help us learn from our mistakes and improve our service.

Sometimes the outcome of your appeal is not what you want to hear. Your appeal has independently been reviewed by a professional assessor taking into consideration the relevant law, regulatory rules, guidance and standards and the British Parking Association Code of Practice. You cannot challenge the outcome of your appeal with POPLA. Regardless, you should be satisfied with the level of service you have received free of charge from us. If you disagree with the outcome of your appeal, you will need to follow alternative routes.
    We can only investigate complaints that involve allegations of poor service or performance, for example where we have:

• treated you rudely;
    • failed to keep you updated on progress;
    • caused unnecessary delays;
    • failed to explain things properly; or
    • any other shortfall in service

If you have a complaint about the standard of service that we have provided, please send an email to complaints@popla.co.uk. If you have any queries regarding the status of your appeal, or if you feel we have not considered the evidence you have provided, please email info@popla.co.uk and we will be in touch soon.

Submit your appeal like
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/new-popla-process.html

M1

Comment

Sorry didn't see that.

I'd have just resubmitted.

I do not from the popla FAQ

Can I submit an appeal by post?

You can submit an appeal by post, but this will take longer than using our web portal due to postage and processing requirements. Please ensure you write as clearly and legibly as you can, and wherever possible please word process your submission. Our postal address is: POPLA, PO Box 1270, Warrington WA4 9RL.
      You must clearly state your name, contact details (including any email address that we can contact you on) and your postal address. If you do not clearly include your POPLA reference number we will not be able to consider your appeal.
      Please ensure you pay the correct postage as POPLA will not make up any shortfall.
      Can I complain about the service I have received from POPLA?

At POPLA we take complaints about our service very seriously. If you think that we have done something wrong please let us know so we have the chance to put things right quickly and effectively. Your complaint will help us learn from our mistakes and improve our service.

Sometimes the outcome of your appeal is not what you want to hear. Your appeal has independently been reviewed by a professional assessor taking into consideration the relevant law, regulatory rules, guidance and standards and the British Parking Association Code of Practice. You cannot challenge the outcome of your appeal with POPLA. Regardless, you should be satisfied with the level of service you have received free of charge from us. If you disagree with the outcome of your appeal, you will need to follow alternative routes.
      We can only investigate complaints that involve allegations of poor service or performance, for example where we have:

• treated you rudely;
      • failed to keep you updated on progress;
      • caused unnecessary delays;
      • failed to explain things properly; or
      • any other shortfall in service

If you have a complaint about the standard of service that we have provided, please send an email to complaints@popla.co.uk. If you have any queries regarding the status of your appeal, or if you feel we have not considered the evidence you have provided, please email info@popla.co.uk and we will be in touch soon.

Submit your appeal like
      http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/new-popla-process.html

M1

Comment

It was subsequently resubmitted online and the parking company didn't want to contest, but at the same time sent out a letter demanding payment - same day, therefore they knew they weren't opposing the appeal

What a waste of time appealing when they dismissed themselves the same appeal, only to then not want to contest it when it got to POPLA.
        I know it's down to payment for POPLA by parking company and by not contesting they don't have to pay and they rely on people not appealing and just paying up.
        Warning to others though if you appeal by post it could be returned. Another 10 days is granted, but it doesn't state when the clock starts ticking.

Comment

Good job

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X