• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons charging order removal fee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restons charging order removal fee

Hi, I had a debt with MBNA which spiraled from around 7k to 9.5k
    Restons obtained a charging order against my property and I was paying them monthly.

Anyway I paid the debt off in December so my balance was 0.
    Yesterday I received a letter off them stating they want £395 .40 in payment to reach their offices no later than January 25th 2017, for what seems to be the removal of the charging order from the land registry records.

Can they actually do this?

It seems so unfair that I've paid the debt off before time and there was never any mention of this fee before hand, this has come totally out of the blue and just when I thought I was rid of them once and for all, at the moment I can't afford to pay it, I'm self employed and struggling, it's always quiet just after Christmas for me and doesn't really pick up until March time so I'm just surviving at the moment!
    Last edited by footloose; 13th January 2017, 04:08:AM. Reason: Grammer
    Tags: None

Re: Restons charging order removal fee

I take it no one can help me with this one then!

Comment

I assume there was a CCJ for this debt. As far as I know if you contact the cort to get the CCJ marked as satsified (see https://debtcamel.co.uk/paid-ccj-satisfied/) thent he court will also get the charging order deleted.

Anyone think differently? [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] @Diana M

Comment

There will be a fee to pay to Land Registry to remove the CO on your property. From what you say that would be your responsibility although I don't know what that fee would be.

Once you have evidence that the debt Is satisfied then maybe you can contact Land Registry direct which should be cheaper. Perhaps the solicitors have added on an 'admin' fee for their services.

Since there is no longer a debt that CO is meaningless in theory since it only exists to secure a debt which no longer exists

Di

Comment

Thank you so much for your replies.
          Yes there was a CCJ for the debt originally.
          There's no mention of an admin fee in the letter, just this fee for removal of the charging order to the original debt to mbna, but I'm sure Restons brought this debt off them and it was restons that applied for the charging order, I went to court about that and I assumed the charging order was not enforced at first because the house was in joint ownership mortgage wise, to my now ex partner, although her name never got put on the land register and we don't know why.
          Anyway I explained this to the judge at the time but it seems I was duped and the judge went ahead with the order!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X