• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell portfolio vrs bobyR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell portfolio vrs bobyR

Hello!
    This is my first post on this great site, but I often come on for information and have always been very impressed by it.
    I have received a claim form from Lowells and have no idea what the do as Ive never had one befor. I have now acknowledged the claim and am posting the detail you require to help me with the next step. Thank you so much in advance!

Issue Date: 16 Dec 2016
    Amount approx: £1127
    Claimant: lowell Portfollio
    Solicitor: cohen cramer
    Original Creditor: littlwoods catalogue
    Particulars of Claim:
    the claim is for the sum of £1044.24 due by our defendentunder an agreement regulated by the consumer credit Act 1974for a shop direct account with an account reference of.............. The defendent failed to maintain contractualpayments required and a Default Notice was served under s.87(1) ofthe consumer credit Act 1974 which has notbeen complied with. The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 12/sept/2014 notice of which has been given to the defendent. The claim includes statutory interest underS.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of8% per annum from the date od assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings inthe sum of £83.54
    The Claimant claims the sum of £1127.78

The account number they have is correct for the littlwoods account so is is still worth sending out the CCA request letter?

Hope you can help

many thanks

Tags: None

Re: Lowell portfolio vrs bobyR

Hi BobbyR & welcome to LB

Yes, send the s78 CCA request.
    Lowells/Cohens will have very scant details to hand, & will almost certainly need to refer to the original creditor for details.
    But they will not be able to enforce their court claim until they come up with compliant documentation.
    You will need to enclose a £1 fee - postal order is good, made payable to the Claimant & endorsed 'For Statutory purposes only'.

Also a CPR 31.14 request (no fee) to Cohens.
    You can ask for a true copy of the agreement, the Default Notice & the Notice of Assignment.
    [Personally I would enclose a copy of the CCA request in with this to make sure Cohens know that a CCA request is in play. On CPR letter, write 'Enc: Copy of CCA request sent to your client Lowell (etc) on (date)'].

Get proof of posting for both

It's also wise to send a SAR to the original creditor asap.

Btw, when was the last time you paid into or acknowledged the debt? (in writing).
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X