Thread: Workplace disciplinerary

• Display
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Workplace disciplinerary

A colleague who has left company 7 months ago has told a fictitious rumor which has resulted in me being suspended under gross misconduct which is a lie .now it looks like my job of 15 yrs is in jeopardy. I'm 63 I don't need this as I'm sure is his way of getting rid of me as he can't afford to make me redundant

Mentioned
    1336 Post(s)

Default Re: Workplace disciplinerary

If the rumour has been passed to your employer than I suspect they have to investigate - what kind of industry do you work in? and would the rumour, if true, actually constitute gross misconduct ? Have you been suspended on full pay ?, what notice / information were you given? Have you had a disciplinary hearing as yet? and what is happening with the investigation at the moment?

@Ula
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

****If you upload documents to your thread, please ensure you have redacted any personal data FIRST***

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors and Legal Services Providers offering fixed fees on our sister site - LBcompare.co.uk

Mentioned
    1336 Post(s)

It may be worth you speaking with ACAS who will be able to advise on your rights and the processes that should be adhered to by your employer - have a look here http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2042
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

****If you upload documents to your thread, please ensure you have redacted any personal data FIRST***

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors and Legal Services Providers offering fixed fees on our sister site - LBcompare.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi .I work in electronics. Yes according to my contract it's gross misconduct. He suspended me 4th Jan full pay. Boss put a letter through my door last night informing me of my disciplinerary next week as he has done his investigations but it's not looking good for me with these lies .I feel very let down after 15yrs of working with him he would believe the lie of an ex employee who was more or less sacked 7 months ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can he have a solicitor sit in on the disciplinerary as it's very intimidating

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I presume that the letter inviting you to a disciplinary has laid out in detail the allegations, and information on the investigation that has been undertaken whilst you have been suspended. I also need to make sure you have been told you can have a union rep or work colleague present.

If you have a union rep then I would get in touch with them. Plus you need to go through the information provided by the company, that they are going to rely on in the disciplinary and set out reasons to refute the allegations.
    I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you everyone who replied..I have had my disciplinerary ..the main accuser refused to come and give her evidence..they are still keeping me waiting the outcome ..they sed by post there decision I'm not happy with that decision after 15yrs by post