• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Workplace disciplinerary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workplace disciplinerary

A colleague who has left company 7 months ago has told a fictitious rumor which has resulted in me being suspended under gross misconduct which is a lie .now it looks like my job of 15 yrs is in jeopardy. I'm 63 I don't need this as I'm sure is his way of getting rid of me as he can't afford to make me redundant
    Tags: None

Re: Workplace disciplinerary

If the rumour has been passed to your employer than I suspect they have to investigate - what kind of industry do you work in? and would the rumour, if true, actually constitute gross misconduct ? Have you been suspended on full pay ?, what notice / information were you given? Have you had a disciplinary hearing as yet? and what is happening with the investigation at the moment?

[MENTION=51026]Ula[/MENTION]
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It may be worth you speaking with ACAS who will be able to advise on your rights and the processes that should be adhered to by your employer - have a look here http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2042
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi .I work in electronics. Yes according to my contract it's gross misconduct. He suspended me 4th Jan full pay. Boss put a letter through my door last night informing me of my disciplinerary next week as he has done his investigations but it's not looking good for me with these lies .I feel very let down after 15yrs of working with him he would believe the lie of an ex employee who was more or less sacked 7 months ago

Comment

Can he have a solicitor sit in on the disciplinerary as it's very intimidating

Comment

I presume that the letter inviting you to a disciplinary has laid out in detail the allegations, and information on the investigation that has been undertaken whilst you have been suspended. I also need to make sure you have been told you can have a union rep or work colleague present.

If you have a union rep then I would get in touch with them. Plus you need to go through the information provided by the company, that they are going to rely on in the disciplinary and set out reasons to refute the allegations.
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
            If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thank you everyone who replied..I have had my disciplinerary ..the main accuser refused to come and give her evidence..they are still keeping me waiting the outcome ..they sed by post there decision I'm not happy with that decision after 15yrs by post

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X