• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCA has failed to provide CCA agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA has failed to provide CCA agreement

Originally posted by Jagsman View Post
    Another of the DCA's I sent a CCA request to must have contacted the OC (MBNA) as I've now received some four terms and conditions from MBNA. They're almost entirely generic . . . .

Not sure if this is a typical response from an OC/DCA as it's the first CCA response I've received
    This may seem a silly question, but do you really mean you've been sent four sets of Ts & Cs when you've only had one reply to a CCA Request?

Di

Comment

Hi Di. A mis-spelling, apologies. I should have said 4 pages of T&C although as I said above I'm fairly sure the documentation isn't valid as a reconstituted CCCA. Thanks again for your help yesterday and I hope you got the note I sent to your personal e-mail account yesterday evening.

Comment

Hi Di. A mis-spelling, apologies. I should have said 4 pages of T&C .

That makes more sense.

Di (aka hawk-eye )

Comment

Almost all my accounts have now been removed from Experian as they're more than 6 years old which seemed my best hope of identifying when the accounts were opened, which might be helpful with some of my CCA enquires. What's the best way of getting the account start date for old credit card accounts please? I can only think of a SAR which doesn't seem likely to be pacey!

Comment

Almost all my accounts have now been removed from Experian as they're more than 6 years old which seemed my best hope of identifying when the accounts were opened, which might be helpful with some of my CCA enquires. What's the best way of getting the account start date for old credit card accounts please? I can only think of a SAR which doesn't seem likely to be pacey!
            You could try phoning the original creditor.
            You never know.......
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi Jagsman,

The attempt at a recon agreement fails without the 2 distinct set of T's & C,s and the lack of your name and address as it was when the account was opened.

If the accounts you are querying are less than 6 years after closure some creditors will give the information if you phone and ask.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                Hi Jagsman,

The attempt at a recon agreement fails without the 2 distinct set of T's & C,s and the lack of your name and address as it was when the account was opened.

If the accounts you are querying are less than 6 years after closure some creditors will give the information if you phone and ask.

nem
                Many thanks Nemesis; helpful to know and although I thought this attempt at a recon wasn't valid it's nonetheless a relief to have your input! And thanks to both of you for the suggestions - as all my accounts are more than 6 years since closure I doubt if I've got much chance with that route!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                Hi Jagsman,

nem
                Many thanks Nemesis; helpful to know and although I thought this attempt at a recon wasn't valid it's nonetheless a relief to have your input! And thanks to both of you for the suggestions - as all my accounts are more than 6 years since closure I doubt if I've got much chance with that route!

Comment

Hi.

PRA have now sent a recon CCA which has my name and address when the account was opened and the credit limit. There's also some "Financial and Related Conditions" on the back of the form and a computer print-out from what I assume was my application. MBNA (the OC) also sent documentation last week that appears to be T&C from when the account was opened. Nonetheless, PRS say in their letter that they ......"currently deem the debt as unenforceable". They end their letter by saying that they'll be in touch if they obtain the further information they say they are awaiting. The account was opened in June 2002.

I'm very much a newcomer to this but so far as I can see the only requirement they haven't satisfied is the T&C for when the account was closed, unless there's something else that doesn't satisfy the prescribed terms which I think are a factor as the account is pre 2007. Could anyone shed some light on this please? I appreciate its difficult without seeing the documentation they've sent but I'd value any opinion please.

Comment

Hi Di.

Thanks again for your help yesterday and I hope you got the note I sent to your personal e-mail account yesterday evening.
                    Yes I did get your email to my firm (not my personal email).

I have suggested (informally) that you should send a SAR to each and every original creditor in relation to these accounts.

A phone call to them will not give you the same reliable information result.

Di

Comment

Hi Di. Thanks again. With regard to the account mentioned above PRA seem to be trying to produce documentation towards "building" a valid recon CCA, the latest being the default letter they seem to have got from MBNA. They still say they deem the debt to be unenforceable but are continuing to request documentation etc. I've tried to contact you twice this week but no reply other than voicemail (perhaps you're not at work this week).

Comment

I've tried to contact you twice this week but no reply other than voicemail (perhaps you're not at work this week).
                        Golly, you make me sound work-shy.

I am at work this week but voicemail cuts in if I'm on the phone - I'm known to talk a lot

I've passed on your query.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X