• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How do you settle a CCJ when the creditor company has been dissolved?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you settle a CCJ when the creditor company has been dissolved?

Safeloans Ltd had a CCJ issued against me for non payment of a loan IN 2012. The CCJ was for the sum of £329. Recently I have been attempting to improve my credit rating by settling all outstanding debts. However when I tried to settle the CCJ with Safeloans Ltd I was unable to. Apparently the company has been dissolved since September 2015 and no contact details for administrators or Collection Agencies dealing with their outstanding debts have been forwarded to me or can be found by myself. I spoke with my local County Court and they were unable to help - their only advice was that it would fall of my credit file next year anyway because of the Statutute of Limitations and to just wait it out. However I would like to resolve the situation before then in order to repair my credit rating as it is a major barrier to me being able to get any form of credit. Has anyone any ideas on how to resolve this issue. I am based in Northern Ireland but the law here in such matters is identical to England and Wales.
    Tags: None

Re: How do you settle a CCJ when the creditor company has been dissolved?

Originally posted by Fallsy71 View Post
    Safeloans Ltd had a CCJ issued against me for non payment of a loan IN 2012. The CCJ was for the sum of £329. Recently I have been attempting to improve my credit rating by settling all outstanding debts. However when I tried to settle the CCJ with Safeloans Ltd I was unable to. Apparently the company has been dissolved since September 2015 and no contact details for administrators or Collection Agencies dealing with their outstanding debts have been forwarded to me or can be found by myself. I spoke with my local County Court and they were unable to help - their only advice was that it would fall of my credit file next year anyway because of the Statutute of Limitations and to just wait it out. However I would like to resolve the situation before then in order to repair my credit rating as it is a major barrier to me being able to get any form of credit. Has anyone any ideas on how to resolve this issue. I am based in Northern Ireland but the law here in such matters is identical to England and Wales.
    Hi, welcome to LB,

Removing a matter of Public Record is not going to happen I think , a judgment was made and remains a public record for 6 years from the date of judgment.

You had 28 days from the date of judgment ( if the law is the same as UK) to settle the claim and no judgement would have been recorded.

Settlement after that does not remove the record.

nem

Comment

Re: How do you settle a CCJ when the creditor company has been dissolved?

Originally posted by Fallsy71 View Post
      Safeloans Ltd had a CCJ issued against me for non payment of a loan IN 2012. The CCJ was for the sum of £329. Recently I have been attempting to improve my credit rating by settling all outstanding debts. However when I tried to settle the CCJ with Safeloans Ltd I was unable to. Apparently the company has been dissolved since September 2015 and no contact details for administrators or Collection Agencies dealing with their outstanding debts have been forwarded to me or can be found by myself.
      You may want to do a bit more investigating since it seems a company called SLL Capital Ltd (same address and same named Directors) changed its name from Safeloans Ltd in October 2014 and they're still trading.

The original Safeloans Ltd (different registration number at Companies House) then dissolved in September 2015 as you say, but you need to check whether the "Safeloans" which obtained the CCJ against you transferred its rights to SLL Capital in order to establish whether the 'born again' Safeloans can help you.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

I presume you want to pay off the CCJ so your file can be marked satisfied which helps your credit rating.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X