• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Direct UK Uxbridge Parking Charge notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Direct UK Uxbridge Parking Charge notice

Dear all,

I have one quick question with hope you might guide me further.

I parked on a highstreet and bought a ticket and displayed it without realising that there was parking restrictions upto 930am. I parked and paid for ticket at 915am without noticing the time restrictions as before 930am there is no parking. It was an innocent mistake and I wrote to council saying it was purely and purely an innocent mistake as I had an appointment at Specsavers on high street and made a mistake in morning rush.

council has come back and ignored completely my scanned copy of the paid ticket (which was also displayed during the time PCN was issued) and have declined my appeal.

Should I go ahead and pay or is there any chance I can save the £55 they are asking in next 14 days?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Comment

Hi, I have heard after 2 months of me originally writing PArk Direct the address of the driver and asking them to remove me from data base.

Letter reads:

"you previously provided us with a name and address for the driver of your vehicle at the time of contravention however, we have not received a response or payment for this PCN we may now pursue the registered keeper for payment.

The requirements of schedule 4 of pretection of freedoms Act required for registered keeper liability have now been satisfied. As a result, we now have the right to recover any monies outstanding for this PCN from you, the registered keeper.

We require payment from you within 14 days from date of this letter. To make a payment call..., go online.., or send a cheque to the above address.

if this letter is ignored and remains unpaid after 14 days from the date of this letter, a letter before county court action will be issued and you may incur further costs once the claim has been submitted. To avoid such unnecessary costs or action, please pay the outstanding PCN. "

Kindly advice as I feel so annoyed with these guys that I feel like taking them to court myself. Issue here is my friend is telling me and it reconciles with evidences PArk direct has sent essentially him driving, stopping in bay to read notice, driving off (whole episode lasting may be 90 seconds max. I have not been able to talk to my friend if he recieved any communication or not but would not be suprised if he has not and I dont want to keep bothering him either.

there has to be some law protecting me here but also some law protection such harrassment?

Please guide. There is no appeals procedure on this letter and that could be because I have exhausted that in my original repsonse?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
      jigar

Comment

Write back reminding them as they have the name and address of the driver then POFA paragraph 5 (1) (b) no longer applies and there is therefore no longer any keeper liability in the matter. Continued contact when they have acknowledged that the details of the driver have been provided is harassment.

Comment

thank you. is it my liability if the driver does not bother to respond? do I need to mention anything around that?
          also are there other points you suggest I include to end this trail?

Comment

is it my liability if the driver does not bother to respond?
            No, however a funky Judge may decide it's not a serviceable address if no response is forthcoming. I would disagree as there is no requirement for them to answer a letter.

do I need to mention anything around that?
            You could state that you have supplied the details as required by the law and that ends your liability.

also are there other points you suggest I include to end this trail?
            Not really. Unless they decide to stop harassing you only a court order can stop them.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X