• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form PRA Group - Virgin card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form PRA Group - Virgin card

Hi
    I am hoping that someone can help. I received a claim form dated 19th December from PRA group for a historical debt with MBNA. I just logged on to MCOL to sort this out and am baffled.

I had a historical debt and was making regular payments, I hadn't intentionally defaulted from these payments. However PRA group have stated that my payments stopped in June 2016 as the company (experto credite) passed the debt on to PRA group. However looking at the court documents it appears that PRA group had the debt since Dec 2014 so I can't understand why the payments have defaulted.

The claim states:

1.The claimant claims the sum of £2560 for debt and interest.

2.on 9/3/05 the defendant entered into an agreement with MBNA for a credit card under reference xxxxxxx.

3.On 31/8/09 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of £2855.

4.On 29/2/12 the debt of £2855 assigned to Aktiv Kapital Portfolio AS, Oslo, Zug Branch, who itself assigned the debt to PRA group on 31/12/14. Notices of assignment were sent to the defendant in accordance with S136 law of property act 1925.

Payments of £405 received up to 26/5/16
    and the claimant claims
    1. the sum of £2450
    2. statutory interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of *% per annum from 26/5/16 daily to 14/12/16 108.42 and thereafter at a daily rate of 0.54 until judgement or sooner payment.

I emailed PRA group requesting a copy of all letters but haven't heard back.

Should I defend the charges and interest charges or just make an offer of payment?

I haven't requested CCA or anything as thought that everything s in hand. If I acknowledge the debt do I contest it all at this stage?

Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X