• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell has sent a letter from county court business crntre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell has sent a letter from county court business crntre

Hi all just after a little advise, about 3-4 years ago my brother applied for some catalogues in my name, I wasn't happy at all when I found out, he didn't order much so I said pay them off n stop the catalogue, he was paying them off to start with, my brother moved away from the area, stopped speaking to me and I haven't heard off him since, I wasn't aware of how bad the debt was until I started receiving letters from Lowell finance informing me of the debt, I chose to ignore them as it wasn't my debt, Ive tried getting in contact with my brother but to no avail, I have now received a letter from the county court business centre and I don't k ow what to do about it, any advise would be greatly received as I have to reply as I do t want to make it any worse, thank you,
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell has sent a letter from county court business crntre

@dianaM @nemisis45

- - - Updated - - -

First Steps read this 1st and await the others to help you!

Comment

Thank u I'll have a look now, the letter is dated 30/12/16 so should I acknowledge and tick which box,
      1. I intend to defend all this claim
      2. I intend to defend part of this claim or
      3. I intend to contest jurisdiction?
      Thank u for your help

Comment

always defend the claim at this stage

not part leave alone

if it issued in say England/wales and you live in England/wales ignore jurisdiction unless you live in Scotland then that would be your jurisdiction

Comment

Hi & welcome to LB

For now, defend in full.
          If you live in England/Wales, do not contest jurisdiction.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Great thank you, I'll do it on online then

Comment

Hi after I have selected to defend in full, what do I do after that??

Comment

If you live in England/Wales, do not contest jurisdiction.

At this stage do not enter a written defence in the defence box - leave blank.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok thanks, if anyone can tell me what I do after that I would really appreciate all the help, thank you for your support

Comment

Hey all I have done this and now waiting for a reply, I have received an email today with a completely different amount on so don't know what's goin on? I checked on noodle for my credit rating and apparently there are 3 unpaid agreements, i can only presume that my brother applied for 3 different catalogues in my name, I feel so depressed and down with all this stress at the moment, I'm worried in case bailiffs turn up at my house, what can I do??

Comment

Hi

Post up the Particulars of Claim (Front of the N1 court claim form)
                      Or type verbatim.
                      Don't post personal data, though.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                        Hi

Post up the Particulars of Claim (Front of the N1 court claim form)
                        Or type verbatim.
                        Don't post personal data, though.
                        Hey this is what it says...
                        The claimants claim is for the sum of £1596.99 being monies due from the defendant of the claimant under a home shopping agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 between the defendant and ship direct finance company ltd under account ref ********* and assigned to the claimant on 9/5/14 notice of which had been given to the defendant. The defendant failed to maintain the contractual payment under the terms of the agreement and a default notice had been served and not complied with. The claim also includes statutory interest pursuant to section 69 of the county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum( a daily rate of £0.35 from the date of assignment of the agreement to 9/5/15 being an amount of £128.10.

Any help would be greatly received, thank you.

Comment

Ok

Now send CCA & CPR 31.14 requests (Example templates in green on top of this thread).
                          http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...-a-Court-Claim
                          For the CPR, ask for copies of the agreement, the Notice of Assignment & the Default Notice
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                            Ok

Now send CCA & CPR 31.14 requests (Example templates in green on top of this thread).
                            http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...-a-Court-Claim
                            For the CPR, ask for copies of the agreement, the Notice of Assignment & the Default Notice

Hi ya, I have done that already, I posted them off on Tuesday and had them recorded delivery, I haven't had any replays yet tho .

Comment

Originally posted by Jojo1982 View Post
                              Hi ya, I have done that already, I posted them off on Tuesday and had them recorded delivery, I haven't had any replays yet tho .
                              If it were me I'd now SAR the original creditor (I'm guessing Shop Direct , not ship direct ) for all data.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X