• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

IDR FINANCE II v Acorn2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IDR FINANCE II v Acorn2012

Originally posted by Acorn2012 View Post
    I do not recall being asked at the beginning of the thread to send an sar to Barclacard but perhaps I missed that piece of advice?

See my advice given on 4th January 2017 in post # 7 here >

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
    Have you been receiving annual statements since the account went into arrears (s.86)?

Also did you have PPI on the account?

When you've sent those two letters you need to send a SAR to Barclays to get the full true history of the account so you can tell fact from fiction when any paperwork is produced by the other side.

Di
    Di

Comment

• Re: IDR FINANCE II v Acorn2012

Originally posted by Acorn2012 View Post
      I need to send off my N180 asap! I am really stressing that I'll end up having to go to court which terrifies me, and as per my previous messages I really need to try and avoid having a ccj on my file. So I presume I will tick that I want mediation? But I'm also thinking I should send them a "without prejudice" settlement over to try and resolve beforehand? Is this the best course of action for me? If so can anyone point me in the right direction of a template I can adapt?
      No one can tell you what to do. You need to consider all your options and then make an informed choice based on what works best for you.

As I understand it you have to file a DQ by next week's deadline.

You're understandably feeling spooked by the court stuff because all of a sudden it feels 'real'.

Don't be scared.

The DQ is an opportunity for you to settle this at Mediation if that's what you want to do and if that's what the Claimant wants to do.

I regularly see people on forums wanting a 'template letter' to solve their problem but the one-size-fits-all approach isn't always the answer because each case/claim is different.

From what I can tell you've not had a full appraisal of the documents you have been sent by the Claimant. Maybe that's the next sensible step for you?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X