• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Desparte for some help with PCP agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desparte for some help with PCP agreement

Hello, please could someone help me with some advise -
    My 18 year old son went to Audi and has bought a car on a PCP - in Sept 2016, he had only been working self employed at that point for 6 weeks!! Audi would lend him the money without a guarantor, which I refused, however they then arranged him finance with Barclays finance. He has made 3 payments of £315, and has now got no work on, with the next payment being due on 23/01/2017, he has no way of paying this and is not able to afford £315 plus £170 insurance anyway as he is only an apprentice labourer on day rate, which is why I said no in the first place, never expecting them to lend him the money. He needs to hand this car back but I've no idea how to try and do this, I have been to Audi and they want nothing to do with it, and I have call Barclays and they are being very unhelpful, please what can I do, how Do I help him with this before it becomes something we both can't handle, I have no money to give him? No sure if this is in the right place as I've never used a forum before.
    Tags: None

Re: Desparte for some help with PCP agreement

Originally posted by twinkle256 View Post
    Hello, please could someone help me with some advise -
    My 18 year old son went to Audi and has bought a car on a PCP - in Sept 2016, he had only been working self employed at that point for 6 weeks!! Audi would lend him the money without a guarantor, which I refused, however they then arranged him finance with Barclays finance. He has made 3 payments of £315, and has now got no work on, with the next payment being due on 23/01/2017, he has no way of paying this and is not able to afford £315 plus £170 insurance anyway as he is only an apprentice labourer on day rate, which is why I said no in the first place, never expecting them to lend him the money. He needs to hand this car back but I've no idea how to try and do this, I have been to Audi and they want nothing to do with it, and I have call Barclays and they are being very unhelpful, please what can I do, how Do I help him with this before it becomes something we both can't handle, I have no money to give him? No sure if this is in the right place as I've never used a forum before.
    Hello

Although there is no easy way to say it, your son is partly to blame in taking out the finance knowing at his age he may not be able to afford the regular payments given that he is working on a self employed basis. Overall he should take some of the responsibility for signing the agreement. That being said, Audi and/or Barclays may also be to blame in that they could have instigated irresponsible lending.

When you say Audi and Barclays are not doing much about this, what have you done so far and what has their response been? I would also question your son on the following:

- The total credit amount under the agreement

- whether the Audi salesperson took any financial information and evidence of it. Also what financial information he gave to them as they should have asked for it at the time of applying for the credit.

Depending on the answers to the above, it is your son who's name is under the agreement I would suggest that he (perhaps you writing on his behalf) write a formal complaint to Barclays, setting out the circumstances and that under FCA rules, they are obliged to lend responsibly and ensure that those applying for credit are able to meet the monthly instalments and given that your son is only 18, has previously been offered little to no credit, they should not have agreed to lend the money in these circumstances and should re-take the car back and terminate the agreement without penalty.

It is possible that the Audi salesperson or your son, may have given inaccurate information about his financial income and therefore based on that information Barclays agreed to lend the money, though if it is the former, you will need to prove it.

There is no guarantee that the agreement will be terminated, but you could follow their complaints process which takes up to 8 weeks, then file a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman and they may take a more sympathetic view and order the return of the car and termination of the agreement.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X