• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Defence form help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ Defence form help!

Thanks Nem!
    my noddle account does not even show this debt so i presume the info they bought didnt include this debt yet clearscore/equifax have this debt.
    Confusing a little!

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      A happy new year Sam!!

nem
      Is there a default date on Equifax.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,
        Found the default date which is October 15th 2010..
        So do i just write a defence quoting the Statute barred wording or do i need to put something else?
        Thanks

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by sam8585 View Post
          Hi Nem,
          Found the default date which is October 15th 2010..
          So do i just write a defence quoting the Statute barred wording or do i need to put something else?
          Thanks

Sam
          Great Sam,

Are you absolutely sure that no payments and/or written acknowledgment of the debt at anytime after the default date?

If that's the case yes SB is a complete defence.

nem

Comment

Thanks Nem,

Yes positive i have made no contact regards the debt. Also a question i never received any paperwork from them for a good part of 9months not even final settlement just the letter from the court. Is this legal by law or do the DCA do this alot?

Thanks Nem i shall quote the full definition and get it sent recorded delivery asap.

Sam

Comment

Thanks Nem,

Yes positive i have made no contact regards the debt. Also a question i never received any paperwork from them for a good part of 9months not even final settlement just the letter from the court. Is this legal by law or do the DCA do this alot?

Thanks Nem i shall quote the full definition and get it sent recorded delivery asap.

Sam
              Good luck Sam!!

Comment

HI NEM or whoever can help. I rested my defence on statute barred defence but having gone on my credit file the default has dropped off. Now I have entered into a mediation but havent a clue what to do any help please..

Comment

HI NEM or whoever can help. I rested my defence on statute barred defence but having gone on my credit file the default has dropped off. Now I have entered into a mediation but havent a clue what to do any help please..
                  Hello Sam,

Has the claimant responded to your defence?

nem

Comment

HI NEM,

Not heard a peep off Lowells other than they have entered into mediation too.
                    Really worried as I know lowells have a habit of bending the truth.
                    I think im going to say in mediation this debt is stat barred and as a goodwill gesture pay a v small amount or should I not even bother?
                    Thanks

Sam

Comment

[QUOTE=sam8585;717484]HI NEM,

Not heard a peep off Lowells other than they have entered into mediation too.
                      Really worried as I know lowells have a habit of bending the truth.
                      I think im going to say in mediation this debt is stat barred and as a goodwill gesture pay a v small amount or should I not even bother?

Hello Sam,

OK anything mentioned in mediation CANNOT be used in court.
                      Lowell has not supplied any documents to support their claim which is for a mobile contract ( they will argue that they don't have to produce any agreement/contract.
                      Have you had the mediation questionnaire?

nem

Comment

Thanks Nem for the swift response.
                        Your quite right I havent received any docs and my mediation is soon. I chose it because I thought it would look good if it went to court that I tried to resolve the matter. If this went to court does the judge ask for the original credit agreement/notice of assignment papers?

Sam

Comment

Thanks Nem for the swift response.
                          Your quite right I havent received any docs and my mediation is soon. I chose it because I thought it would look good if it went to court that I tried to resolve the matter. If this went to court does the judge ask for the original credit agreement/notice of assignment papers?

Sam
                          Unfortunately there is no CCA Regulated Agreement for a mobile phone service which is a " Service Contract".

Statute Barred Is a complete defence IF the debt was stat barred on or before the claim was issued.

Personally I would not be making any offer of " a gesture of goodwill " at this time.
                          Do you have a date for mediation yet?

nem

Comment

HI NEM, yeh it is in a few days time so I will be complety stumped in mediation as they will ask for payment I presume. As far as it goes I presume lowells have to provide some sort of agreement at court other than a piece of paper they printed off yesterday?

Sam

Comment

HI NEM, yeh it is in a few days time so I will be complety stumped in mediation as they will ask for payment I presume. As far as it goes I presume lowells have to provide some sort of agreement at court other than a piece of paper they printed off yesterday?

Sam
                              Hello Sam,

Stick to your belief that the alleged debt is statute barred and was so when the claim was issued I suspect the mediator will ask you if you have all the documents you need to enter the mediation process, your answer is obviously in the negative, he/ she may discontinue the mediation and refer the claim to your local court.
                              If this happens I would try to say the alleged debt is SB and see if the mediator will put this to the claimant.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X