• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart Parking PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Parking PCN

i need help too . i got letter from debt recovery plus ltd for penalty charge which issued by smart parking ltd but i did not receive any warning letter .. and the price increased to £160 now ... please help what i can do .. it has happened in tottenham hale retail park ..issued on 25.11.16 but i got letter just two days ago ..
    Tags: None

Re: Smart Parking PCN

Sadly this isn't the first time i've seen such a scenario. Whatever happens neither Smart nor DRP will let you appeal.

However the best thing to do is write to both complaining that this is the 1st communication you, as registered keeper, have received and you have been denied a chance to appeal and that keeper liability cannot apply where no notice to keeper was sent within the relevant timescales. Keep evidence of this and the likely refusal to let you appeal as in the unlikely event they ever try court you can use this as evidence.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Smart_Parking.html at present Smart do not do court.

M1

Comment

Ok shall i send both parts ... for drp there is no link to appeal .. i could not see anything ...

Comment

They are not set up to handle appeals. There should be an email address or phone number on the letter ?

M1

Comment

There is phone number and email is info@drpl.co.uk

- - - Updated - - -

And they said u should pay by 05.01.2017 ... otherwise they will take a court action .

Comment

Of course they say that, pressure is how they get people to pay. As you can see from that link above they don't like court (past performance is guarantee of future performance etc)

M1

Comment

Ok what shall i do .. i do not want to pay this double charge ... It is not fair for 10 minutes extra ..

Comment

info@smartparking.com info@drpl.co.uk

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, have been sent a letter from DRP which is the first and only communication i have had in this matter. It appears to be for a parking charge notice. I have had no opportunity to appeal.

I wish to appeal, as registered keeper, as no notice to keeper has been given within the timescales laid down by POFA 2012 schedule 4. As such i have no liability.

Yours etc

They will tell you it's too late etc. Everything should be filed in a drawer for just over 6 years (aside from court papers which would need dealt with but are unlikely to appear). You will be sent many begging letters. Don't waste any stamps although you could email them if you wish with the same info as above. Always as registered keeper. Keep copies.

M1

Comment

Ok thank you so much sorry i could not write back because i was sick ... Do u think i should send this to two parts ?
                  Thanks again

Comment

I'd just send it at the same time to the 2 addresses.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X