• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Crap year... and it's not over yet....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap year... and it's not over yet....

Just putting this here ( credit to [MENTION=616]chrishebarker[/MENTION]t on Twitter img hotlinked from https://www.indy100.com/article/2016...artist-7498436 )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Crap year... and it's not over yet....

Wow--really brings it home as to how vulnerable we all really are

Comment

So many lost far too young.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Makes the end of Years song pic a bit difficult. I feel sad for all. But 2016 for me will be the year bowie died.
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

And now Debbie Reynolds just after her daughter Carrie Fisher

Comment

I like to think my little Elaine is in that list somewhere, not famous of course but, like our Queen mentioned, one of the many ordinary folks who, together, make such a big difference to all.

Happy days, happy new year ahead.

Comment

So many of those deaths were sudden and unexpected. Just shows live each day to the full. Embrace those you love and be kind to everyone.

Comment

A total of 1,197 people have been recognised for their achievements in the New Year Honours list.
                The majority are unknown to the wider public and have undertaken outstanding work in their communities.
                Here are some of the better-known faces, but can you name them?

Occupation: Tennis player - won Wimbledon and Olympic titles in 2016, both for the second time, became world number one, and was named BBC Sports Personality of the Year for a record third time
                Honour: Knighthood for services to tennis and charity

Occupation: Actress - has had a prolific stage career, as well as starring in TV series including Keeping Up Appearances and Hetty Wainthropp Investigates
                Honour: Damehood for services to theatre and charity

Occupation: Musician - frontman of The Kinks, whose hits include Waterloo Sunset, Lola, and Sunny Afternoon
                Honour: Knighthood for services to the arts

Occupation: Runner - completed Olympic "double double" by retaining 5,000m and 10,000m titles at Rio Games
                Honour: Knighthood for services to athletics

Occupation: Heptathlete - won gold on famous night at London 2012 Olympics, silver four years later in Rio, and also a two-time world champion
                Honour: Damehood for services to athletics

Occupation: Comedian - the 89-year-old has been performing since the 1950s, rose to fame with his "Diddy Men" sidekicks, enjoyed top 40 hits in the 1960s and continues to tour
                Honour: Knighthood for services to entertainment and charity

Occupation: Editor-in-chief of Vogue and artistic director, Conde Nast
                Honour: Damehood for services to fashion and journalism

Occupation: Actor and former artistic director of Shakespeare's Globe theatre - also won an Oscar in 2016 for his role in Bridge of Spies, and recently played the title role in Steven Spielberg's The BFG
                Honour: Knighthood for services to theatre

Occupation: Actress - she played Miss Moneypenny in the Bond films Skyfall and Spectre, and Winnie Mandela in Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
                Honour: OBE for services to drama

Occupation: Fashion designer - the former member of the Spice Girls is now a celebrated designer and entrepreneur
                Honour: OBE for services to the fashion industry

Occupation: Development lead, Dementia Friendly Communities - the veteran broadcaster became an ambassador for the Alzheimer's Society after caring for her mother who had dementia, and champions the rights of sufferers and their carers
                Honour: CBE for services to dementia care

Occupation: Actress - plays matriarch Polly in the TV gangster drama Peaky Blinders, and has had notable film roles in The Queen and several Harry Potter adaptations
                Honour: OBE for services to drama

Honour: Knighthood for services to music

Occupation: Politician - in a parliamentary career spanning more than 50 years, she served as a Labour cabinet minister before leaving the party to co-found the SDP in 1981. Later made a Liberal Democrat peer, she retired from the House of Lords earlier this year
                Honour: Companion of Honour for services to political and public life

Occupation: Manager of Wales national football team - Coleman led the side to the semi-finals of Euro 2016 in what was Wales' first major championship in 58 years
                Honour: OBE for services to football

Occupation: Cyclists - British cycling's "golden couple", who got married in September, between them have 10 Olympic gold medals
                Honours: CBE for services to cycling

Answers below
                http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38459306

Anyone interest in who and why in the other 1180 can see the full list below
                https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-full-list.pdf

Comment

Here is one lady along with the rest of her family well and truly deserved of the honour that has been given.
                  These people don't earn millions and then get rewarded for their 'contribution to' they had their lives ripped apart by the loss of their little girl and now contribute selflessly to raise money and awareness of the very rare disease that took her away.

NEW YEAR HONOURS: Mum’s award is in memory of her daughter

LITTLE Lever mum Lisa McLoughlin will be honoured with a CBE for voluntary services to the Brain Tumour Charity, which she supports in memory of her daughter Jessica.
                  Jessica died in 2014 when she was just six years old after developing a rare brain tumour called a Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG).
                  Since her loss, Lisa and her partner Carl Green have tirelessly campaigned to raise awareness and money to try to help prevent other parents going through the same experience as them.

This included setting up the Jessica Green fund, which has far surpassed its original target of £10,000 and currently stands at £65,000.
                  Lisa has also distributed more than 2,000 cards to schools and GP surgeries warning parents what the symptoms of DIPG are and what to look out for.
                  The 38-year-old, who lives in Little Lever with Carl and three-year-old daughter Abigail, said she was shocked to hear she would be receiving a CBE.
                  She said: “I found out a couple of weeks ago and I was very surprised and quite nervous — I don’t think I have done anything particularly special. There are so many people who do so much fundraising but obviously I am incredibly honoured.”
                  Lisa, who works at the Civil Justice Centre in Manchester, has become a passionate ambassador for the Brain Tumour Charity and is trying to fund new research into DIPG, for which there has been no advances in treatment in 50 years.
                  She added: “Our lives changed when Jessica became ill but we got so much support from so many people and we decided we wanted to try and help others.
                  “Jessica was such a loving and cheeky little girl and people still remember her so fondly now.”
                  She added: “I will be accepting the award on her behalf as well as all the people who have helped Team Jessica over the years.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/..._her_daughter/

Comment

On the other end

Tony Blair is to receive a peerage in the New Year’s Honour’s List for services to world peace, it has been announced.
                    Since leaving UK politics in 2007, Blair worked as the Middle East peace envoy until 2015, when he felt as if his job was completed.
                    As all peers are allowed to choose their own title, the ex-Prime Minister has opted for Lord Blair of Baghdad in recognition of all that he did for the Iraqi city.
                    “To echo the words of my good friend George Bush, mission accomplished!”

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X