• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Cleaning rota

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning rota

Hi

I work in retail as s customer services advisor. It has come to my attention at work that the management are planning on introducing a "cleaning rota" which includes the toilets,bins,mopping,sweeping,kitchen,staff room.

When I first started there used to be a designated cleaner who used to do all this but now they are trying to get all the CSA's to do it.

I really don't mind the odd emptying bins,sweeping,mopping and hoovering on the shop floor. As for the cleaning the toilets,kitchen and staff room I do have a problem with that. I'm a tidy person and don't leave a mess in the staff room and always bin my take away packaging and never use any of the kitchen electricals or sink and don't see why I should have to clean it.

Toilets I obviously use just like every other colleague, but I'm pretty sure the old lot that have been there 10yrs plus ain't going to clean the toilets or bins or staff room.

Is there really any good enough reason I can say to management to get out of cleaning the toilets,kitchen and other people's mess in the staffroom?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Cleaning rota

Your job description will almost certainly include a line that says that you can be asked to do other duties. So no, there probably isn't a good enough reason, if by that, you mean one that isn't going to land you in trouble.

You seem to be having quite a lot of problems with this job. Perhaps it is time to start looking for another one?

Comment

Yeh have been looking for another one...not really coming across anything that I find suitable

Comment

What annoys me is that I can see some other colleagues being excused on this because the management don't want a verbal confrontation and somewhat don't want pee them off! There's a lot of stuff that these colleagues get away with for example they do the least/none over time when its a contractual business requirement, they more a less get the shifts they want not what fits the needs of the business. There's a hell of a lot stuff on the ipads,till procedures they don't know and I really don't see any action being taken against them about it. But as soon as the easy push over staff like myself are not performing as well the business expects you get called in the office for formal telling off.

These staff members kind of call the shots, even to the managers without any reprcussions. Sorry about this rant but just thought I might aswell get it off my chest.

Another thing. Recently all our contracts changed so they are 100% like each other's and in there is a term that everyone is required to work Saturday's, but again these certain staff are not being put in the rotas for any Saturday's

Comment

Sounds like you need to get together with as many of your colleagues as possible and join a union.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X