• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ by default and Warrant obtained. Chances of success?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ by default and Warrant obtained. Chances of success?

I issued a MCOL to my previous employer for a bonus that was not paid to me back in September 2016.

I chased and chased this payment during my employment through my manager and payroll (the only way to contact payroll was via email) all emails were ignored.
    I have copies of all emails I sent requesting the payment at the time.

In November 2016 I sent a final letter chasing the payment, giving 7 days before commencing action through MCOL.

I received a default judgement as they did not respond and have now paid £77 to issue a Warrant of Control which was issued on 16th December.

This morning I have received an email from my previous employer stating they are in receipt of my claim.

They believe the reason for my claim is a deduction from my pay on October for 'overtaken holiday' (this is not the what I'm claiming it's for unpaid bonus)
    they have said they will contact the court to let them know I'm not entitled to the amount claimed.

It looks as though they have not read my Particulars of Claim sent at the time of the original claim as this outlines the proof of being entitled to my bonus and numerous requests for it to be paid.

I've checked and they have another unsatisfied CCJ for £35k from November 2016.
    Mine is only £400 plus costs of £112.
    They are actively trading and have 40+ branches accross the UK

What are their options now?
    Can they apply to get this set aside now I have obtained a Warrant of Control?
    Should I reply to their email stating their reason to apply to set aside are incorrect, or just let them pay the £255 and send the incorrect information?
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ by default and Warrant obtained. Chances of success?

What they decide to do is up to them and not for to concern yourself about until such time they do apply to have Judgment Set Aside. It will not go well with them having left it so late. I gather you have employed the County Court Bailiff to enforce the Warrant - do not be disappointed if he gets no where. For me I would have gone for an Order to freeze their Bank Account.

Comment

Thanks for your response.

Yes I've employed the County Court bailiff to enforce the warrant.

How do I go about freezing the bank account? Am I able to do this alongside the Warrant of Control? I've looked for more information about this, but all I can find is applying for a Winding Up Petition, but that's only valid for debts of over £750

Comment

Try a quick read of http://www.trustonline.org.uk/unders...cing-judgments the one you are wanting is the Third party debt order.

Comment

Thank you 👍

Comment

Good news. I've just been informed by the county court bailiff that my ex employer has settled the judgment in full and a cheque will be sent out next week!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X