• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell solicitors (shop direct, Lowell portfolio)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell solicitors (shop direct, Lowell portfolio)

Have you now sent a SAR to Shop Direct?

You need to do that so you're equipped with the historical paperwork if Lowells do eventually issue a claim (hopefully not).

Di

Comment

Thanks for the reply and yes am on it.
      Ella

Comment

Hi just an update, it's now 15 days since I sent a CCA request to Lowells, apart from a letter dated the 28th December saying they had requested the info from shop direct I have received no other communication from them.
        I sent SAR to shop direct but they haven't sent me any acknowledgement of having received it.
        Ella

Comment

sounds familiar situation -

Comment

Originally posted by Ellalass View Post
            Hi just an update, it's now 15 days since I sent a CCA request to Lowells, apart from a letter dated the 28th December saying they had requested the info from shop direct I have received no other communication from them.
            I sent SAR to shop direct but they haven't sent me any acknowledgement of having received it.
            Ella
            Hi Ella.

12 + 2 working days for CCA request no Saturdays or Sundays count.
            You don't need to chase the request.

nem

Comment

Yes sorry I should have said 15 working days, I went on the calendar to make sure because of the bank holiday as well.
              Ella

Comment

Yes sorry I should have said 15 working days, I went on the calendar to make sure because of the bank holiday as well.
                Ella
                Failure to comply with the CCA request renders the debt unenforceable until the agreement or a compliant " reconstituted " one is produced.
                So don't chase it !!

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Ella
                Failure to comply with the CCA request renders the debt unenforceable until the agreement or a compliant " reconstituted " one is produced.
                So don't chase it !!

nem

Comment

Thanks Nem, I won't chase it, why prod a sleeping Lion lol
                  Ella

Comment

Thanks Nem, I won't chase it, why prod a sleeping Lion lol
                    Ella
                    Exactly!!

Lowell solicitors are becoming renowned for their incompetence!!

nem

Comment

Ok yesterday I had a letter from shop direct asking me what, if any, specific information I want for my SAR, like is it in relation to a complaint or for PPI I might have had! Apparently they tried to ring me (they probably did) but I don't answer certain numbers and don't want phone calls anyway. They are processing my cheque and sending me their 'standard pack' within the 40 day period (it's taken them at least 3 weeks to write to me!) so should I just wait now to see what they send?
                      I have had no contact yet from Lowells since the 28th of Dec concerning my CCA request so they are now well over the time limit. Thanks
                      Ella

Comment

you requested everything held on your account Nothing short of full SAR, see what they send no letter table tennis, if then not all report them to the ICO on line

they are the pits of a business in this country one of the many

Comment

Ok yesterday I had a letter from shop direct asking me what, if any, specific information I want for my SAR, like is it in relation to a complaint or for PPI I might have had! Apparently they tried to ring me (they probably did) but I don't answer certain numbers and don't want phone calls anyway. They are processing my cheque and sending me their 'standard pack' within the 40 day period (it's taken them at least 3 weeks to write to me!) so should I just wait now to see what they send?
                          I have had no contact yet from Lowells since the 28th of Dec concerning my CCA request so they are now well over the time limit. Thanks
                          Ella
                          Hello Ella ,

The answer is you require all personal data DD holds on you including but not limited to all contracts, and transaction logs,
                          all notices sent in regard to the account and transcripts of any phone converations.

Did you have PPI?

Comment

Hi
                            Just a small update, I received my SAR, no credit agreement at all which is as I thought.
                            Lowells have not been in touch about this since I CCA'd them.
                            Ella

Comment

CCA1974 different area you have paid and requested already have you not?

Comment

I received my SAR, no credit agreement at all which is as I thought.
                                Lowells have not been in touch about this since I CCA'd them.
                                Well if the original creditor hasn't got the credit agreement then Lowells can't get the credit agreement from them ether.

However, they may still be able to reconstitute one from data held so don't get overly excited just yet.

Is there a Transaction Log in your SAR response? If so look through it to see whether a Default Notice was issued prior to the termination of the account.

So far no claim has been issued so keep your head down and definitely don't go writing to the CEO of Lowells as has been previously suggested.

I was going to put one to Mr Bartle but forgot and didn't put a name on the Lowell finance one.
                                When is this debt due to go Statute Barred?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X