• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wallace Sacks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wallace Sacks!

Originally posted by QuattroSWB View Post
    The WS website still shows them advertising.
    The chair I've bought states 'only available until 6th April"!
    Well, whilst waiting for trading standards and everything else to kick in (no one seems to rush these things) I've contacted the two couriers involved. One still hasn't responded (they didn't with original delivery, Panther Logistics) the second one is contacting WS and will get in touch with me when they've had a reply...... good luck with that one!!

Comment

I purchased a chesterfield sofa & chair on the WS website which is still operating & taking orders. I was given a 12 weeks waiting date I ordered on 5 Jan 17, so not due yet. But I have tried to call them for over a week on the number they called me on in Jan which is the same as on their website customer care however this number has been disconnected (BT told me this)! I've left emails & sent a ticket but had no reply. I'm very worried as the replied before very quickly. I have a bad feeling I would still like the furniture but don't think that will happen. Should I start recovering my money. I have told them in an email to cancel the order (no reply) I paid with credit card so think it only wise to contact them immediately rather than wait until my 12 weeks are up. I am looking for advise please & if any news they have or have not gone bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Julieac View Post
        I purchased a chesterfield sofa & chair on the WS website which is still operating & taking orders. I was given a 12 weeks waiting date I ordered on 5 Jan 17, so not due yet. But I have tried to call them for over a week on the number they called me on in Jan which is the same as on their website customer care however this number has been disconnected (BT told me this)! I've left emails & sent a ticket but had no reply. I'm very worried as the replied before very quickly. I have a bad feeling I would still like the furniture but don't think that will happen. Should I start recovering my money. I have told them in an email to cancel the order (no reply) I paid with credit card so think it only wise to contact them immediately rather than wait until my 12 weeks are up. I am looking for advise please & if any news they have or have not gone bust.
        I would start proceedings recovering your money. They haven't returned my calls/emails. Even the courier companies aren't getting involved either. I'm currently putting pressure on my bank! Failing that I will have to go through the courts!! Still so bloody angry!! How many more people are going to be taken for a ride

Comment

Originally posted by Julieac View Post
          Just did a search. On a cabinet makers website is said WS had administrators appointed 23/2/17..... not sure how people stand now???

Comment

Originally posted by Trix1970 View Post
            WS had administrators appointed 23/2/17..... not sure how people stand now???
            This is how customers with unfulfilled orders can make a claim from the Administrator but it appears that may be futile >

https://www.wallacesacks.com/updated-details-i71

I now wish you'd kept the one Chesterfield sofa which they did deliver

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
              This is how customers with unfulfilled orders can make a claim from the Administrator but it appears that may be futile >

https://www.wallacesacks.com/updated-details-i71

I now wish you'd kept the one Chesterfield sofa which they did deliver

Di
              So do I, which is why I contacted the courier company

Comment

Well Jo from Wallace Sacks has some neat replies to customers, none of which are happy,

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www...cks.com?page=3

Comment

Just putting the full text of the Admin Notice here incase the website goes down.

u
                  updated details

Dear Customer
                  Wallace Sacks Furnishings Limited (formerly Muubaa Limited) – In Administration (“the Company”)
                  Lane Bednash of CMB Partners UK Limited was appointed Administrator of the Company on 17 February 2017. Lane Bednash is licensed to act as an Insolvency Practitioner in the UK by the ICAEW and is bound by the Insolvency Code of Ethics when carrying out all professional work relating to an insolvency appointment. The following generic information is intended to help you make an informed decision on how to process any claims.
                  How to make a claim
                  It is important that you keep all receipts incurred to help you in making any claims for a refund in due course.
                  There are various ways in which you can pursue a claim to try and recover the costs of goods which have not been fulfilled. However, the administrator can neither recommend, nor confirm which is the best approach for you, nor can I guarantee that your claim(s) will be successful.
                  The potential claim options are listed below:

1. Your credit or debit card issuer. UK customers should visit http://www.theukcardsassociation.org.uk for guidance in this respect. A copy of the Notice of Appointment, Form 2.12B should be downloaded and be provided to your credit or debit card issuer as evidence.
                    Click here to download
                    Notice of Appointment, Form 2.12B.

2. Other payment/buyer protection schemes (for example, if you paid for your booking via PayPal, you may be able to claim under PayPal Buyer Protection).

In the event that you will be able to make a claim for non-delivered services direct to your credit card provider / bank, you do not need to lodge a separate claim with the Administrator.
                  However, in the event that they are unable to facilitate the refund, you are entitled to submit a claim as a creditor in the administration. If this is the case, you should complete and return a Creditor’s Statement of Claim form, with supporting documentation, to the Administrator.
                  Click here to download a Creditor's Statement of Claim Form

Your claim will be noted in the administration and you will receive copies of all future documentation sent to creditors. Please note that creditors should not expect to receive full payment for their claim. Based on present information, the orders are unable to be fulfilled as there is no stock available. At this stage, it appears unlikely that a return will be made to creditors.
                  We regret that, the Administrator is unable to answer individual queries due to the fact the Company has ceased to trade and the very large volume of unfulfilled orders. It is because of the large number of orders that information is being made available via this website which is being regularly updated with the latest developments. Any completed Creditor Statement of Claim forms are to be emailed to wsfltd@cmbukltd.co.uk.
                  For and on behalf of
                  Wallace Sacks Furnishings Limited

Lane Bednash
                  Administrator
                  The affairs, business and property of the Company is being managed by the administrator Lane Bednash who acts as an agent of the Company and without personal liability. Lane Bednash is licensed as an insolvency practitioner in the UK by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Companies House - MUUBAA Ltd ( just changed name to Wallace Sacks Furnishings)

02 Mar 2017
                    Registered office address changed from The Leather Shed Unit 58 Mill Mead Road Milmead Industrial Centre London N17 9QU to 37 Sun Street London EC2M 2PL on 2 March 2017 This document is being processed and will be available in 5 days.
                    27 Feb 2017 Appointment of an administrator View PDF ( Appointment of an administrator - link opens in a new window ) (1 page)
                    18 Jan 2017 Resolutions
                    • Change of name by resolution

• Change company name resolution on 2016-01-18
                    View PDF ( Resolutions

- link opens in a new window ) (3 pages)
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      Companies House - MUUBAA Ltd ( just changed name to Wallace Sacks Furnishings)

02 Mar 2017
                      Registered office address changed from The Leather Shed Unit 58 Mill Mead Road Milmead Industrial Centre London N17 9QU to 37 Sun Street London EC2M 2PL on 2 March 2017 This document is being processed and will be available in 5 days.
                      27 Feb 2017 Appointment of an administrator View PDF ( Appointment of an administrator - link opens in a new window ) (1 page)
                      18 Jan 2017 Resolutions

View PDF ( Resolutions

- link opens in a new window ) (3 pages)
                      Bank has just agreed to 'charge back' !! Such a relief, how on earth this company is still taking people's money I do not know!!

Comment

Bank has just agreed to 'charge back' !! Such a relief, how on earth this company is still taking people's money I do not know!!
                        Well Done You.

Lets hope any other customers who have unfulfilled orders see your post and become inspired to approach their bank for Chargeback if they paid by debit card or utilise Section 75 CCA if they paid by credit card.

Now you'll be in a position to buy two new sofas which is what your late friend would have wanted.

Di

Comment

Good news
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            Good news
                            I was an employee of Wallace Sacks / Muubaa until recently so know a fair amount. For a while, the business has not been able to pay suppliers. Wallace Sacks Furnishing LTD was called Muubaa LTD until Jan 2017. The reason for the name change is the owner Stephen Sacks "sold" the Muubaa (clothing) part to his daughter Georgia Sacks who set up a new business called Muubba Trading LTD. Surely this deal was not at "arms length" as father sold to daughter. All of the "good" assets of the business were probably sold to Georgia Sacks, leaving Wallace Sacks Furnishings with no cash or stock. If this did happen, which is likely, it is fraud/theft. Muubaa Trading LTD should therefore go in to administration to pay customers and suppliers. Stephen Sacks and Georgia sacks should be prosecuted if this happened. The administrator should be leaned on as they should act professionally.

Comment

Originally posted by holly123 View Post
                              I was an employee of Wallace Sacks / Muubaa until recently so know a fair amount.
                              Did you get paid up until you left Holly?

Di

Comment

No. I missed out on 2 weeks wages.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X