• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to respond to Debt Validation Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to respond to Debt Validation Notice

Hello all,

I just registered and this is my first post to the forum. I'm looking for some advice (if that wasn't obvious enough). I'm in the US. I haven't really been able to find many good sites/forums/resources that are US based, most everything seems to be UK based, and so I think that's why I'm having a bit of difficulty, because many of the terms/statutes/acts etc used in the UK are not familiar to me or have different analogues in US law. Can anyone recommend any good resources that are more US oriented?

Still, I'd love to ask for advice here as well, and I'd say this is the more pertinent question I have: What is the appropriate response that folks here would recommend to respond to a Debt Validation Notice?

I did a LB site search for 'debt validation' and didn't come up with any results, and only very few results for the words without quotes. The point I'm at now, is that I have received a DVN from a DCA, with 30 days to respond/dispute and request verification. I am trying to decide how best to reply. I have decided to try to steer clear of anything pertaining to UCC tactics and/or the three letter process (GOODF, et. al.), as from all that I have looked into so far, and believe me, I am near exhausted from the amount of research I've done, I've decided it's more than likely not useful and perhaps could do more harm than good.

However, a simple reply disputing the validity doesn't seem to be any good either, since then they'll just respond with their boilerplate notifying me of what little, standard info that they are required to by law, but that doesn't actually prove anything. The essential issue for me and the reason I'm fighting this is that I've come to fully understand and appreciate how money is created (though the signature of the borrower) and that in essence the bank (original creditor) misrepresented their offer and also failed to provide consideration, both of which invalidate the contract.

So to reiterate my main question, how do folks recommend replying to the DVN, preferably in a way that has s some 'teeth' to it, and will deter the DCA from trying to pursue a claim? Any advice appreciated. thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: How to respond to Debt Validation Notice

Good morning, welcome to LB,

I'm not familiar with US Consumer Credit Law, but I suspect that you should send the DCA a " prove it" letter requiring it to provide proof of the amount claimed, the relevant contract/agreement and the terms and conditions etc.

You are correct using FOTL, GODF, 3 letter system approaches will get you nowhere and may even make matters worse, all of this is internationally discredited.

nem

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and advice. Yes, I am definitely sending out a 'prove it' letter. Would be curious to see any samples of what others have done if you know of any threads here to link to.

Comment

Originally posted by dollarback View Post
        Thanks for the welcome and advice. Yes, I am definitely sending out a 'prove it' letter. Would be curious to see any samples of what others have done if you know of any threads here to link to.
        It's really comes down to asking for whatever legal ( Consumer Credit Agreements) the creditor would hold the prove that the alleged debt exists and that you are liable for it.

I am as said not familiar with the US protocols in this situation.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X