• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking charge from May 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking charge from May 2012

thanks will do

Comment

I spoke to the court who said I needed to speak to BW Legal as if I send the form back in my name it would be rejected. They then said I could send a proof of name - would anyone be able to advise or point me to a section of the forum that would? thanks again

Comment

Any ideas [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] ? Surely this must crop up loads and it can't need a £100 application to change to a married name ?

M1

Comment

Technically, it does require an amendment and application to the Court but I am presuming it is BW Legal that has got the name wrong? If so, then it is up to them to make an application to amend it, not the defendant as there may be an issue with them enforcing any judgement.

Defendant's need to be sufficiently identifiable, but this can be acknowledged in the defence by explaining you are now married etc. I am not aware of any party being penalised for misspelling a party's name but you never know in the county court, though it would be the claimant that is penalised not the defendant.

Personally, I don't see any need to for the £100 application and the defence shouldn't be rejected and I think the court staff are talking cack since it's the claimant who should be making the amendment - that being said you should put them on notice that they have got the name incorrect and they should make an application to amend.

If it were me, draft your defence as normal and include a short mention about the name being wrong and what your name is now, but when signing at the bottom, I would put as follows:

John Smith described as [name on the claim form]
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hello again. Posted the above and have just received a letter from BW Legal to say they are proceeding and a letter from the court about mediation or appearing at court. Now totally confused!

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...l-Claims-Track

Pretty simple to fill in. Add a note to explain the name issue. Once that is done send to both them BW Legal and the court.

You will then get a court timetable for when evidence needs filed and the trial date. If both sides wish mediation then this will happen first.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X