• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Parking Fines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car Parking Fines

Thank you for responding. Yes, MET Parking Services have provided a POPLA code

The driver saw no signs at all. From the screen grabs from Google Street View when navigating the BP/M&S site, there appears to a sign up a tall post that is at the point that any driver is navigating a fork in the road. There does not appear to be any illumination on the post sign. Additionally, there appears to be a poster standing on the road directly in front of the post sign and again, this would hide any signage from view.

The driver did not see any signage.

I have posted the screen grabs from GSV in an earlier thread. I can't seem to upload them again here now.

Comment

From your post #14
      These include that there is a maximum permitted stay in this area of 30 minutes.
      The site sign on post #9 says 40 mins? (It's a bit fuzzy....or my eyesight is!).
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Yes, I think the GSV screen grab of the sign says 40mins but it is very fuzzy as you say. The MET letter to me mentions a maximum permitted stay in the area of 30mins. Their letter also states that 'You acknowledge that your vehicle remained on site for longer than the permitted stay....etc'
        I did not acknowledge anything about remaining on the site at all but refused to name the driver etc

Comment

We did have someone posting on the forum quite recently about this site.
          They were going to come back & post pictures, but they seem to have gone awol.

Are you intending to appeal via POPLA?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I would value other opinions about whether to appeal to POPLA but at this stage, I think I will. I am angry about the charge. I view it as quite unfair.

Comment

Ok.

No surprise that your 'soft appeal' to the parking co was turned down, btw.
              That's a virtual cert nowadays.

This is the other thread mentioned above.....not much help, though.
              http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...rking-Services
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Yes you appeal to POPLA
                Lack of illuminated signage
                None obvious signs on the way in. etc.

Comment

Same advice still applicable re POPLA.....do not ID the driver.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi all...
                    We appealed against the parking fine that MET parking wanted to levy from the BP/M & S Simply Foods site near Stansted Airport. The POPLA appeal process was easy to complete and the advice given on the POPLA site was really helpful. We just heard that MET are not going to contest the appeal so the appeal is now viewed as successful and there is no longer a parking charge to pay.
                    Thank you all for your views. It was very helpful to read other people's threads.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X