• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent: medical assesment on wednesday cannot go: NEED EXPERT ADVICE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: medical assesment on wednesday cannot go: NEED EXPERT ADVICE

I am trying to help someone who has recently been given a medical assessment in 7 days (now 2 days to go) he has no support network and i am trying to get the assessment delayed til after Xmas. I have managed to get his new GP to write a letter asking for the delay in the assessment till after Xmas so that he can get himself together; WILL MAXIUMUS LISTEN TO THIS? I CAN PM A COPY OF THE dr's LETTER TO ANYONE WHO IS EXPERT IN THESE MATTERS (with name blanked out of course) he has recently had a breakdown and his life has been a train-wreck this year to say the least.

He also needs an advocate so that someone can attend with him. He has NO support network and from what i gather these assessments are difficult to go through. he suffers from severe depression and social anxiety AND BODY IMAGE ISSUES. can someone offer some advice?

to repeat

1 can anyone help us as to judge the letters effectiveness?

2 the dr has written he has no advocate and needs one

3 we have no info regarding these medicals, which we are told are very unfair.

4 we have no recording equipment which we are told we need to have in case the assessment goes badly. do we need to request this within the DR's letter? WILL REQUESTING THIS EQUIPMENT DELAY THINGS???

please help we are running out of time.
    Tags: None

Re: Urgent: medical assesment on wednesday cannot go: NEED EXPERT ADVICE

Hi and welcome.
    Presumably this is a work capability assessment for ESA.

When ATOS were running them, all you had to do was phone up to say you couldn't attend, and they would cancel the appointment and make another there and then.
    This would be confirmed in writing.
    However, cancel 2 appointments and the benefits could be affected.
    At least that is what happened with my son a couple of years back

Regarding recording, you must request it.
    If they have the equipment, the will do the recording.
    If they agree, you can record it, but you need dual disc simultaneous recording equipment.
    Do not try covert recording, as if discovered they will refuse to continue the assessment and mark you as non attending.

Regarding accompanying your acquaintance: you do not need to be qualified. Any friend can support the person to explain to the assessor points which the assessed does not make clearly.
    The companion can also take notes about what is said, which can help as a contemporaneous record if an appeal is made

Good luck
    Last edited by des8; 5th December 2016, 21:09:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

with our dr's letter will we be able to get it delayed for about 6 weeks?

Comment

You can only try is there a good indication that they can attend with help in 6 weeks

Comment

These may be able to help re the advocacy http://www.pohwer.net/?gclid=Cj0KEQi...Ct8aAonJ8P8HAQ if not directly put you in touch with some on e who can.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X