• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MotoNovo VT collection issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MotoNovo VT collection issues

Hi wondering if anyone can help, I sent my VT letter off to MotoNovo on the 23rd of November recorded delivery which they say they didn't receive until the 30th.

I hadn't heard anything so phoned today and they've said it will take up to 5 weeks for the car to be collected due to a high volume of VTs at the moment, however on my letter I stated they had two weeks from the 23rd meaning the car has to be picked up by the 7th at the latest.

They are now saying it will be at least 5 weeks but my insurance runs out on the 8th of December - what do I do?
    Tags: None

Re: MotoNovo VT collection issues

If you lookat this thread I think you'll find it covers most options http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...-not-collected

Thanks to [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION]

Comment

My issue is that the cars insurance is up on the 8th of December and they're saying it's going to be at least 5 weeks before they can collect the car so don't know what to do regarding the car insurance? Do I SORN it?

Comment

Hello

You should write to them and say that they need to give you a date, if so that you can be there for the collection of the vehicle. It is not satisfactory to simply state its going to be over 5 weeks but at the same time 5 weeks is simply not good enough.

You should also make them aware that the insurance will run out on the 8 December and it is their responsibility to make arrangements for insurance cover. You could also tell them that if you do not collect it within the next 5 weeks as stipulated then you will consider that the car has been abandoned and you will sell the car at a local auction.

An example template of how to go about this is on this thread at #19 http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ighlight=torts
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you, I will give that a go!

I've also noticed that they've taken the DD payment from me on 30/11 even though I sent the VT notice on the 23rd, are they still able to take that?

Comment

Should have cancelled your DD though you can Calle your bank and reclaim it back under the DD guarantee as unauthorised payment
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi again,

Manheim finally got in touch to arrange to collect the car, earliest they can collect is the 5th of January! In their email they've stated:

"If the vehicle is not roadworthy or accessible on the day there would be a charge of a £135 from the leasing company"

Now I had to SORN the car after the 8th of December as the insurance expired and informed MotoNovo of this so I don't understand how I am liable for £135 when I gave them enough notice of my VT? Can anyone help?

Comment

No its not your problem, you've informed them so it is their choice and they can't charge you for it, but no doubt they will try to and it is possible that this will be marked as a default on your credit file. you need to decide whether you pay it or fight it and take court action against them for breach of data protection if they do apply a default.
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X