• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JBW bailiff nightmare! Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBW bailiff nightmare! Help!

Hi,

I'm having a real nightmare with a JBW enforcer.
    I went out to my car around 3pm yesterday to find a sticker on the window with a notice saying this has been immobilised, but no clamp. Rang the number and was informed that I owe money and the car will be getting towed if I don't pay. He couldn't give me any details so I didn't give him any details of my own.
    I rang the head office and was told by the lady that I have a yellow box fine from Croydon council that I haven't payed and I owe them £513.I told her I have had nothing sent to me and we worked out together that the letters have been going to my old address and I have forgotten to change the address of the car. She quite rightly said that is an offence and I haven't got a leg to stand on. I replied back saying that I have proof that I haven't lived there for 6 months and this is the first I've heard of it and I'm yet to see proof of the offence.
    I rang the traffic enforcement centre and they couldn't help me as I need the original PCN number, which I have never seen.

I now have this guy ringing me every hour kindly requesting that I pay the £513 to him directly and I can appeal it later.
    He said if I don't pay the car will be towed and the fines increased.
    I luckily have a friend with a gated property so I have put the car out of site there until I sort this out.

I still have not seen any proof of this offence and have not even met this bailiff, he cannot give me the original PCN number either.

Please help in how to play this one!
    I'm not prepared to hand over any money to the vultures and the one piece of info that I have mistakenly given him is my mobile number and now he is repeatedly calling off a private number trying to "sort this out"
    The first phone call was at 6am today I might add!
    Tags: None

Re: JBW bailiff nightmare! Help!

As you will have ascertained, you will need to complete an Out of Time witness statement with the Traffic Enforcement Centre. You will need to speak with Croydon Council's parking dept to obtain the PCN number.

You need to be very careful how you complete the Out of Time application. Unfortunately, figures given by the Ministry of Justice recently confirmed that just over 60% of these applications are rejected. From the large number of cases that I come across, the reason for the failures is due entirely to poorly completed forms (TE7 and TE9 etc).

It the application is rejected, you can seek a 'review' but the downside is that there is a fee to pay to the Traffic Enforcement Centre of not less than £100 for such an application.

Whilst it is correct that it is an offence not to update your records with DVLA, it is also the case that DVLA prosecutions for such an offence are almost unheard of.

Please be careful with the car. The Traffic Enforcement Centre will need to have your completed forms by 4pm. This does NOT mean that enforcement is put on hold by 4pm. This merely means that TEC will 'process' your forms (enter them onto their computer system and send an email to Croydon Council). As it is Friday today, the bailiff company will not receive instructions to 'cease' enforcement until midday Monday.

Any questions, please post back.

Comment

Thank you so much for the advice!

I had filled out a TE7 and TE9 form and had that away by Friday afternoon.
      I had a response stating that I have to fill out a PE2 and PE3.

This forms are exactly the same but require to be sworn before an solicitor etc.

I'm trying to have this done ASAP so the bailiff company will be called off.

Are they right in asking for this?

It was also TFL and not Croydon who issued the PCN, my mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Dessau909 View Post
        Thank you so much for the advice!

I had filled out a TE7 and TE9 form and had that away by Friday afternoon.
        I had a response stating that I have to fill out a PE2 and PE3.

This forms are exactly the same but require to be sworn before an solicitor etc.

I'm trying to have this done ASAP so the bailiff company will be called off.

Are they right in asking for this?

It was also TFL and not Croydon who issued the PCN, my mistake.
        Unfortunately, approx 10% of Out of Time witness statements require the PE2 and PE3 (statutory declarations) as opposed to the much simpler TE7 and TE9 (witness statements). The different forms are in accordance with the applicable regulations.

According to a Consultation that I recently contributed to, the PE2 and PE3 look set to shortly disappear and be replaced by the witness statement. Until then, you have to continue to get your forms witnessed.

PS: You should be able to walk into any local firm of solicitors on the high street and ask if there is anyone available to swear your documents. It is very rare for you to need to make an appointment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X